What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening we started with Greek sausage, the menu didn't mention the potatoes, we then shared 1 lamb and 1 chicken souvlaki.

last night and the night before... The sweet potatoes are a tad large at the moment. This was ½ of the smallest that weighed over 0.8kg. The largest weighed 1.3kg. I had asked hubby for 6 sweet potatoes. I wasn't expecting 9 kg though.

300g of homegrown Pink Oyster mushrooms complimented the 300g of shop bought wild mushroom mix quite nicely. They had a fantastic flavour.

I did not get used to cooking twice a week for 3-4 days quantities, as opposed to every day for that day, yet.
So we had store baked chicken thighs and homemade stew/sauce.
Oh yes, I did intend to bake chicken thighs at home, but after defreezing, I saw something green( mould like) on the meat , on the downside and threw it away...

last night and the night before... The sweet potatoes are a tad large at the moment. This was ½ of the smallest that weighed over 0.8kg. The largest weighed 1.3kg. I had asked hubby for 6 sweet potatoes. I wasn't expecting 9 kg though.

300g of homegrown Pink Oyster mushrooms complimented the 300g of shop bought wild mushroom mix quite nicely. They had a fantastic flavour.

I used just one purple skinned white yam & one orange sweet potato to make a very large pot of soup last weekend.

I used just one purple skinned white yam & one orange sweet potato to make a very large pot of soup last weekend.
We have a 6kg Queensland blue squash that we grew last Autumn and plan to make a very nice and wonderfully simple squash, sweet potato and corn 'chowder'. I had only planned to use ½ of the squash for the chowder. It serves quite a few as it is but I guess I'll be using all of it now! The squash to sweet potato ratio is roughly 1:1. I think about 30 servings will be going into the freezer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom