What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple leftovers lunch. Meat patties and spaghetti reheated in soy sauce/water. Carrot fresh.

And a new variation of the torta di ricotta, with oat flour and carrots for deco. Packed slices for work.

The taller one is from the new molds. I can't really see any difference with the exception they represent what a baba should look like better.

View attachment 71318

They both look nice to me. Babà are also called here “Tappi di Champagne” namely “Champagne corks” based on their shape.
Have you ever tried them soaked in Limoncello or Amaretto di Saronno?
How will you serve them? Over here they are considered a sweet treat that you can easily find in every Italian pasticcerie, more rarely like a dessert although someone (especially in Campania of course) serve them like that

They both look nice to me. Babà are also called here “Tappi di Champagne” namely “Champagne corks” based on their shape.
Have you ever tried them soaked in Limoncello or Amaretto di Saronno?
How will you serve them? Over here they are considered a sweet treat that you can easily find in every Italian pasticcerie, more rarely like a dessert although someone (especially in Campania of course) serve them like that
I've only used a rum simple syrup to this point but the Amaretto sounds like a natural. Yes, these are a sweet dessert and I've also kept to tradition and served them split in two length wise, soaked in rum simple syrup with seasonal fruit, some fresh and some made into a compote and Chantilly.

I've only used a rum simple syrup to this point but the Amaretto sounds like a natural. Yes, these are a sweet dessert and I've also kept to tradition and served them split in two length wise, soaked in rum simple syrup with seasonal fruit, some fresh and some made into a compote and Chantilly.

Sounds just delicious.
Once I've also tried it with maraschino liqueur, mmm

I made baked potatoes and skillet bone in pork chops and fried green beans. It was what had to cook without going to the grocery store. I’m just trying to get something on the table. Don’t know what I did different but the baked potatoes were perfect. The chops, I just used salt and pepper. About five minutes before they were done I put some bbq sauce on them. Just struggling to not make it just plain old pork chops. My wife’s them.

Hubby fancied something "different" for lunch at home yesterday and with the White Oyster Mushrooms ready to pick

we had the ideal lunch that is quick and tasty. He went out to do the weekly shop yesterday morning (getting stopped by the police twice at the border) so l asked him to get a Loaf of Sourdough.

apologies to MG for the photo tbh, I was more interested in eating It whilst it was still warm.

So the mushrooms and the almond "feta" are from home as was the garlic, but the bread, basil and tomatoes were shop bought.

we had a very light evening meal as a result.

And we had a 6kg home grown pumpkin to eat, so ½ of it went into a freezer batch of Sweet potato, pumpkin and corn chowder. This made roughly 20 portions. I'm still deciding on what to do with the remaining 3kg..

have of my pans were big enough so I resorted to using my preserving pan! It wasn't quite big enough tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom