What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy to try most things but snails are a no no.

Oh, come on Lullabelle, they can be very tasty although need garlic butter to help.

Spiders, grasshoppers, geckos, swimming cockroaches, frogs and rats are a delicacy here!

Although I'll stick to snails given the choice.

Skinned frogs in our local market.

031.jpg

They are really good, or really bad, depending on who cooks them. I've had them both ways.

CD

If my memory serves me correctly I've only ever had snails that I have cooked myself (or my wife cooked them maybe). In UK we would buy them in tins with an option to buy a quantity of shells used for serving. The shells could be subsequently washed for re-use.

Last edited:
A couple of things I never got a chance to post until now:

First, met my sister for lunch and ate at a typical "family" restaurant, but not a chain one, so it was fine. I had a BLT on rye with fries:

The restaurant and menu:

View attachment 71434

I've lived in Frisco for 26 years, and never knew there was a Frisco sandwich, and I'd love to know what Frisco sauce is. :D

CD

I had a burgerito for lunch. I chopped up a leftover hamburger patty and mixed it with refried beans and salsa and heated it up, then added some shredded cheddar cheese and wrapped it up in a flour tortilla. It was good. Not pretty, but tasty.

For lunch? Sounds like a 2AM after a night of drinking kind of meal. :okay::laugh:

CD

For lunch? Sounds like a 2AM after a night of drinking kind of meal. :okay::laugh:

CD
Well I wasn't too lazy to make my husband his breakfast sandwich, but I generally don't eat "breakfast", I eat whatever I feel like eating for my first meal of the day at some point in the afternoon (when I am not working), which is usually some sort of leftovers. I ate the burgerito at around 2 p.m. If I am working, it's usually a boiled egg or a granola bar. I don't really eat much until dinnertime.

I've been running hard all week with work and it was nice to sit around in my pajamas for most of the day. I took a shower around 3:30 and put a fresh pair of pajamas on, LOL. I think I am making fried shrimp for dinner, if I get up the energy to cook. I really kinda feel like American-style Chinese takeout.

I think I am making fried shrimp for dinner, if I get up the energy to cook. I really kinda feel like American-style Chinese takeout.

Make sweet and sour fried shrimp on rice. American style Chinese takeout -- kind of like British style Indian takeaway. Loosely connected to the country of origin, but you would probably not find it there. :laugh:

CD

Make sweet and sour fried shrimp on rice. American style Chinese takeout -- kind of like British style Indian takeaway. Loosely connected to the country of origin, but you would probably not find it there. :laugh:

CD

Makes me wonder about Indian & Pakistani food here. In Sydney the foodies tend to be snobs about authenticity. There’s a place called Harris Park in Sydney’s west that has 2 streets of Indian/Nepalese/Pakistani markets, restaurants and sweet shops that serve tea & coffee.

It’s frequented mostly by immigrants and people in the know that love the cuisines.

We did make a couple of attempts at Indian cuisine on our UK trip. London wasn’t good but we did find a great place in Carlisle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom