What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sweet and sour fried shrimp on rice. American style Chinese takeout -- kind of like British style Indian takeaway. Loosely connected to the country of origin, but you would probably not find it there. :laugh:

CD
Yeah, I am not fond of sweet and sour sauce, and the whole point is that I am feeling lazy today and don't feel like cooking! Hubby just ordered and left to go pick it up.

I always get either orange chicken or general Tso's with some egg rolls, crab rangoons, and pork fried rice. I can eat on that for days.

And you are correct. Some of those things would not be found in a Chinese restaurant in China. Pretty sure that general Tso's originated in NYC? I'd have to google to check. I definitely know that the fortune cookies are from the US as well.

Today's meal was fish again, - furikake salmon bowl.

full.jpg

Stopped at a real roadside dive - best bar food I've had in a long time:

I had the Italian Melt (pepperoni, salami, and ham, with provolone, bell peppers, banana peppers, onions, and tomatoes), and MrsT had the regular burger, and we both shared a huge order of tater tots.

I had water and MrsT had a strawberry shake. She wondered later why she felt "so full I'm gonna puke!" :laugh:

What is funny about that middle photo is the guy at the counter looks like his head is on backwards and he has a really small head.

What is funny about that middle photo is the guy at the counter looks like his head is on backwards and he has a really small head.
That's the waitress picking up an order. Her hair color does look like a face!

Wow. And do you eat them as such or do you cook them additionally? Is it a snack or a meal?

Jerky is an American snack. It is something you bite off and chew on. It is supposed to be a bit tough, so you can chew on it for a while and get all the flavor out of it.

Jerky was an American cowboy snack. It was safe to go on a long journey, and you could eat it all day while you worked the trail, and it would get you through to dinner time.

Basically, the 19th century version of today's protein bars -- but much better tasting. Jerky is still very popular in the US. I love it.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom