What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef sweet potato casserole. The baked peppers and aubergine blended in perfectly. Very happy with the lunch, both kid and I.
Further down the line I would thicken the liquid, perhaps play with cream...perhaps more shredded cheese...but this was also very fine.

It baked a lot longer than expected, so we were super hungry and the pics were super rushed.

Hm...will google a bit more. I would assume, they must be spicy, or salty, or both...
I just Googled. It's got a lot. The salt helps draw out moisture and preserve the meat. I saw one brand that had 400 mg per 1 oz (28 grams) serving. I saw the lowest sodium was around 100 per serving.

I was kinda teasing caseydog because in another thread he mentioned he avoids added salt to his food.

Hm...will google a bit more. I would assume, they must be spicy, or salty, or both...
And it is quite easy to make a basic batch..You can really experiment with flavors also...as long as the salt content is high enough, anything else that isn't oily pretty much goes. The most basic recipe being soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder...My mother made it for years whenever round steak went on sale..I still make it occasionally, but my kids don't come around as much over the last year or so..I don't need a highly addictive, salty snack staring at me whenenver I open the refrigerator...

I've lived in Frisco for 26 years, and never knew there was a Frisco sandwich, and I'd love to know what Frisco sauce is. :D

CD
Apparently the Frisco melt was a Steak and Shake thing, I don't know if they have that chain in Texas or not, but looks like the sauce is what makes it special:

Make Your Own Steak 'n Shake's Frisco Melt

For the Frisco Sauce:
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon French dressing
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sweet relish
  • 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha
Looks kinda like a spicy Thousand Island, to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom