What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked red sweet peppers, aubergine. We had two peppers as salad, so tender, almost no need to chew,still will fugure out how to use the other two and the eggplant. Love love love baked peppers.

Lunch was pasta kind if Alfredo, kid' fav, I had the one chicken leg left from the other day. Some more vit c in the form of a red grapefruit slice.

And a new way to crispen up my gluten free bread, since my toaster no longer works, oven baked 8 min on 200 c, previously sprinkled with water. Verrry nice. That was breakfast.

I made Claudia Roden’s orange cake as my birthday cake as it’s one of my favourite cakes and I saw beautiful oranges this week and I made a roasted strawberry labneh to go with it as Australian strawberry farmers need all the help they can get right now. View attachment 71476

View attachment 71477

Happy Birthday Frizz1974 !

Shouldn't it be that someone else bakes your birth day cake? After all, it's your day.

Sadly we had to postpone our Lunch in Villa event because of a thunderstorm that is still going on now. The civil defence said to stay at home as it is too risky to go out.
Thus for lunch I made Sea bream fillets with onion, olive Taggiasche (garlichead I know is Taggiasca for you ☺️), cherry toms Garam Masala flavoured, hubby made a leek, potato and carrot soup with a pinch of turmeric

You had me at oat flour.
What kind of cheese did you use? Ricotta, I guess? Are those pomegranate seeds? Very curious!
Oh thank you. I used leftovers of cottage cheese(200 g) and this cheese running under Adriatikos name(crisscross of feta and cream cheese) that I like a lot (100 g).
Yes, very well spotted, those are pomegranate seeds.
Erythritol instead of sugar. Olive oil. Chia. 1 egg. Could be also eggless.
I purposely used 'di formaggio' as a broader title🙈...as I did not have ricotta.
Delicious, particularly this one.
I love this recipe as it tolerates modifications very well.
💙Thank you for asking.😊

Jerky is an American snack. It is something you bite off and chew on. It is supposed to be a bit tough, so you can chew on it for a while and get all the flavor out of it.

Jerky was an American cowboy snack. It was safe to go on a long journey, and you could eat it all day while you worked the trail, and it would get you through to dinner time.

Basically, the 19th century version of today's protein bars -- but much better tasting. Jerky is still very popular in the US. I love it.

CD
You can imagine what the sodium content in that must be. Not like I would ever worry about salt, personally.

Sadly we had to postpone our Lunch in Villa event because of a thunderstorm that is still going on now. The civil defence said to stay at home as it is too risky to go out.
Thus for lunch I made Sea bream fillets with onion, olive Taggiasche (garlichead I know is Taggiasca for you ☺️), cherry toms Garam Masala flavoured, hubby made a leek, potato and carrot soup with a pinch of turmeric

View attachment 71505

View attachment 71504View attachment 71506
Sorry about the storm danger, but the food looks stunning.
We are to have rain later today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom