What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean dough/crust? No. I make these pizzas with store bought crust. I do make my own sauce, and grow my own oregano and basil. This is a quick, easy pizza. Single serving size. If I make my own dough, I'll spend the rest of the night cleaning up the mess.

CD

The crust is amazing. I make a batch and separate and freeze portions.
Hes the pizza maestro :)

Russ

Today’s lunch was takeout hawker food - Hokkien Mee:

IMG_1795.jpeg

Russ

Here's my problem. I open a container of flour, and it ends up all over my house. Not just my kitchen, although that's the worst of it. I find myself wondering, "how the #$*% did that white footprint get on my &@#&*$!!! bedroom floor?"

CD

Please point me to TastyReuben’s pizza dough/crust recipe. It’s getting cool enough to start using the oven again.

Please point me to TastyReuben’s pizza dough/crust recipe. It’s getting cool enough to start using the oven again.

That's why I haven't made a pizza in a while. When it got down in the 80s last night, I figured it would be okay to use the oven. :laugh:

CD

Russ
I’m glad it works for you, thanks for the compliment.

I remember when I first joined, you’d sworn off making dough like that because of yeast problems. Happy you got that sorted!

Here's my problem. I open a container of flour, and it ends up all over my house.
Seems to happen here as well, especially a new bag. I really think there must be a better way to package flour other than paper bags.

Also, I don’t care how careful I am with measuring, a good portion is going to end up on the counter at some point. Maybe I’m just too particular, because I watch the pros on TV working with flour, and they toss it all over the place. They have a crew to clean up after them, though - I don’t!

It’s probably this one - I think it’s the only pizza dough I’ve ever posted:

Recipe - Basic Same-Day Pizza Dough

That’s the same dough I used for the two most recent pizzas I posted. Even though it’s a same-day dough, it does improve with a cold ferment overnight in the fridge - both taste and texture.

Thanks!

Would that pulled pork I made freeze well? How should I freeze it? Should I not bother? I've never froze meat like that before.

Would that pulled pork I made freeze well? How should I freeze it? Should I not bother? I've never froze meat like that before.
I’ve frozen pulled pork before - I just vacuum-seal it up and freeze it. Even without the vacuum sealer, you should just be able to bag it up, squeeze the air out, and freeze it.

I’ve frozen shredded carnitas meat.

We just bag in freezer bags and freeze. When Craig smokes a pork butt, it makes so much we have to freeze. I portion, bag the portions, and then put them all together in a bigger bag.

We do the same when he smokes brisket.

He's done a whole suckling pig in a Caja China a couple of times. Did the same with that meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom