What did you cook today October 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly pig's liver but chicken liver is available sometimes (although I prefer pig). My wife was charged with chasing down some chicken kidney yesterday also but arrived back with gizzard. Being the generous soul that I am, I give it to our local restaurant.
I usually use lambs liver. Pig can be a bit tough. But calve's liver is the delicacy!

I usually use lambs liver. Pig can be a bit tough. But calve's liver is the delicacy!

We don't get many sheep around here. From the 400 gms of liver that I had, I only ended up with 3/4 of it after cutting out the tubes (I really dislike the tubes) therefore it was quite tender.

[Edit: the first time my Thai wife went to England we were travelling to the Wirral from Manchester airport along the M56 which parallels the Manchester Ship Canal. At one point she became very excited shouting "look ships, ships!" - Of course there were ships on the canal but she meant the ships in the fields]

Last edited:
[Edit: the first time my Thai wife went to England we were travelling to the Wirral from Manchester airport along the M56 which parallels the Manchester Ship Canal. At one point she became very excited shouting "look ships, ships!" - Of course there were ships on the canal but she meant the ships in the fields]
Until I moved out here very recently, I used to live very close to that section of the M56 close enough for easy cycling to it) and it is rather odd isn't it? My husband used to work almost alongside the ship canal and in-between the buildings you can still see ships sailing by but not the actual canal itself which is also exceptionally weird!

I've never been one for nouvelle cuisine............

Liver, sausage, onion gravy and fried mashed potatoes (from yesterday).

liver-sausage-fried potatoes-os-s.jpg

I made up a simple vegetable bake in a cauliflower based cheese sauce I had made the night before. It was called egg surprise in honour of the current ingredient challenge. I'll try to edit the pictures later, but whilst it was delicious I plan to make a change our two for tonight... It will deal with the eggs better and stop them being hard yolks and give us runny yolks instead despite any potential distractions such as putting the chickens to bed!

Well it is that time of year again - salad time....

So for tonight we have potato salad (potatoes, red grapes, green pepper, spring onions, red onions, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, soya cream, soya yoghurt & lemon juice) with various leaves (romaine hearts, then from the garden wild rocket, peppermint, sage, rosemary, parsley, thyme) served with carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, mango and homemade raw onion bread. The potato salad usually features chopped nuts, but I couldn't find any in the cupboard so had to improvise with the sesame seeds instead.

I will add a boiled egg each and then dressings as the person wants - caramelized red onion chutney (homemade), shop bought mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard and possibly some homemade hummus as well...

View attachment 188
Good photo there. One for that website?

Might be worth posting the recipe for the potato salad as a recipe thread and attaching the photo. I really like the recipe!
I thought it had been but I will have a hunt. People commented on it because I add red grapes to a potato salad and they all thought that that was weird! I grew up with red grapes in potato salad the same way you add sultanas or raisins to rice salad.

I thought it had been but I will have a hunt. People commented on it because I add red grapes to a potato salad and they all thought that that was weird! I grew up with red grapes in potato salad the same way you add sultanas or raisins to rice salad.
Well I think grapes and potatoes are a good idea. Why not?

Rare fillet beef steak with somewhat tasteless shiitake mushrooms.

fillet-shitakes_zps02cbxnre.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom