What did you cook today October 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Velvet Curtain

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:30 AM
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps
Mod Edit: Each Month, we will start a new thread called "What did you cook today?"
It is for you write up what you have eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have cooked and eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to cover any meal or snack that you have eaten.

It is not for the recipe, that can be written up separately if you want to (which would be great) and if you have a picture/photo, not matter what the quality, of your plate of food, that would be fantastic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This evening was Japanese chicken curry with rice

Fish, chips and Yorkshire dhal:

fishchipspeas-is-1_zpsg7tqgv4i.jpg

Last edited:
Just rhubarb crumble. It was our entire evening meal along with soya cream. :porky:.

Tomorrow is back on the diet day, serious diet time, yet again and sadly because I also have @vernon's Indian potato pie to make to be served with a whole load of veg and maybe a curry sauce. All homemade of course!

A couple of BLTs in sourdough.
blt-october-s.jpg

image.jpeg

This will be the ingredients, fresh out the river test and I've got some heritage cherry tomatoes , some samphire and some lemon thyme from the garden,
So roasted trout with thyme butter
Samphire and roquette salad with the cherry tomatoes Mini buttered potatoes

A couple of BLTs in sourdough.View attachment 3245
Now that had just given me an idea for next week or even this weekend. I'm growing my own mushrooms at the moment and several early ones are huge which is often the case. I also make my own sourdough and was setting a batch going tomorrow with the temperatures due to be good for the pre ferment stage. Mushroom 'steaks' on sourdough baps is amazing... I can see another appearance being made.

Decadent I know and I could say that it's only once a month, but I'd be lying!

Horseshoe gammon, sauteed potatoes, poached duck egg, grilled tomato, Champignon mushrooms and a little grass with English mustard.

octgammon_zpspxv4s92l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom