What did you eat/cook today (February 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight will be a version of Parmesan chicken with mushrooms, pasta, fried cabbage and the remains of the jalapeño poppers I made last night. (Jalapeños cut in half, seeded, filled with cream cheese, topped with bacon and baked until done.)

You just confused me. How is bacon sweet?
I get the maple flavored ones are or you can make millionaire candy but bacon is a meat not a sweet.
Millionaire candy, thick sliced bacon covered in brown sugar and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper then baked until candied.
Yorky mentioned basting it with honey.

You just confused me. How is bacon sweet?
I get the maple flavored ones are or you can make millionaire candy but bacon is a meat not a sweet.
Millionaire candy, thick sliced bacon covered in brown sugar and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper then baked until candied.
I think perhaps she is referring to the honey in @Yorky 's recipe.

She was. I was going by her statement about wanting to put bacon on top. She could put bacon without the honey. I do it all the time but with chicken.
Yes, I've done it with chicken too and cooked it in a bit of stock, but I have never thought about pork loin.

Yes, I've done it with chicken too and cooked it in a bit of stock, but I have never thought about pork loin.
I didn't bother with the stock and I never did tell our dinner guests one time how many calories they consumed.
We roasted a couple of chickens, stuffed with margarine and covered in bacon. When hubby went to get the chickens out, he just poured the drippings into a bowl and left it beside the stove. Everyone raved about the fabulous gravy. He was hoping for what he calls soppings later. The guests didn't leave any leftovers except some "homemade" cookies still sealed in the store's package where they were bought.
Funny thing was the cookies probably would have been eaten if the person that brought them hadn't claimed she made them from scratch.

Just to be clear, the pork loin is fried first to give it a start.

bacon wrapped pork m.jpg

More hotdogs yesterday evening.....

feb hotdogs 3 s.jpg

I must plan to vary my meals. Although the gammon here is unbelievably good.

feb gammon 2 s.jpg

Unfortunately a friend came around for a beer during the roasting of the potatoes which proves that roasting in the halogen oven needs to be regularly monitored.

Creole pork, chicken Parmesan, cheddar smoked sausage, fried cabbage, the poppers I forgot about yesterday, carrots, rolls and a rice pudding.
Aka clean out the refrigerator Saturday. Tomorrow will be beans, french fries and cornbread.

That pork dish sounds very interesting. I've heard a lot about Korean food but have yet to try it.

It comes from this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Food-Korean-Home-Cooking-Street-ebook/dp/B0117867BE

A gift from my neice at Christmas, A lot of the recipes are very accessable, there are only two ingrediants that you won't have if you already cook oriental food and they are Korean chilli paste and chilli powder. Both may be available at your Chinese supermarket or if not definitely on line and they have good shelf lives.

The pasta sauce thread had me thinking........

Pasta 'n' pasta....

pasta n pasta s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom