What Do You Do For Your Dry/Cracked Hands?

JAS_OH1 both our dermatologist and podiatrist recommended O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet to us years ago, and that works way better than the Vaseline here in uber dry Arizona USA. Let me tell ya buddy, it works great! And if you could have seen my DH's heals before we started using this product, you'd be amazed!

My feet have thick callouses. It's like I'm wearing shoes, at times. I actually have to sand them down with a foot sander when the callouses start to hurt.

CD

My feet have thick callouses. It's like I'm wearing shoes, at times. I actually have to sand them down with a foot sander when the callouses start to hurt.

CD
That's what we do too dawg, sand 'em down, foot soak with some sort of skin softener for about an hour (I have a cheap dish pan for this step) and then small amounts of the foot cream, put your feet up on an old towel to soak in.

I got my wife a therapeutic massage years ago for her birthday and she hated it. She came out more tense than when she went in. :laugh:
It's not for everyone. I was a professional massage therapist for about 10 years before I met my husband, I never had any clients who didn't absolutely love me, but I was really good at making people feel comfortable. I think the problem with some therapists is that they tend to lump everyone into one category instead of finding out what people like and don't like. There are some people who don't feel comfortable getting fully undressed, some who like to be absolutely naked (like the guy from Italy who kept throwing the covers on the floor stating that he didn't mind me seeing everything...and no he wasn't trying to turn it into something sexual), some people who like only light Swedish massage, some who want deep tissue, some who don't want their feet touched, and so forth. I always asked a lot of questions and had my clients fill out an intake form before getting started to make sure to avoid any areas of sensitivity, any health conditions that would be important for me to know, etc.

I had a professional pedi once, I got so freaked out I almost passed out!
Don't like anyone touching my feet.
That's how my husband is, too. But he doesn't need any skin taken off. His toenails could use some work, but no way would he ever allow anyone to touch them. I could sit for an hour(or more) with someone massaging my feet and be in heaven.

My ex wife loved pedicures. She bought one for me, once. I thought, "Seriously?" Oh, man. That was nice. I was so relaxed, I practically melted into the chair.

She bought me a facial once, too. I told her, "Don't ever do that again!"

CD

It's not for everyone. I was a professional massage therapist for about 10 years before I met my husband, I never had any clients who didn't absolutely love me, but I was really good at making people feel comfortable. I think the problem with some therapists is that they tend to lump everyone into one category instead of finding out what people like and don't like. There are some people who don't feel comfortable getting fully undressed, some who like to be absolutely naked (like the guy from Italy who kept throwing the covers on the floor stating that he didn't mind me seeing everything...and no he wasn't trying to turn it into something sexual), some people who like only light Swedish massage, some who want deep tissue, some who don't want their feet touched, and so forth. I always asked a lot of questions and had my clients fill out an intake form before getting started to make sure to avoid any areas of sensitivity, any health conditions that would be important for me to know, etc.

I had a full athletic deep tissue massage once. Now, I save 80-bucks and just walk out onto the freeway and get run over by a few cars. Feels the same after it's done.

CD

I had a full athletic deep tissue massage once. Now, I save 80-bucks and just walk out onto the freeway and get run over by a few cars. Feels the same after it's done.

CD
Believe me, I was grateful for people that wanted "foo-foo" Swedish massage. Deep tissue is hard work. But that's the kind of massage I like, I love deep tissue, especially on my back and neck. It doesn't hurt me.

We have moisturizer next to our 3 sinks. Wife does her hands after gardening in kitchen sink. She had a $100 massage last Saturday. She spoils herself.
Me I'm more rugged, no fancy stuff near me. I have office hands so they are good with stuff.

Russ

When I got bloody hands from the cleaning at my workplace, the chef told me to go to a doctor. I did go to the pharmacy and they gave me a very good working cream, focused on healing ultra dry hands. The wounds were gone in two weeks, completely. Now I use super cheap creams from the supermarkets and try to remember to get into some plastic gloves before the cleaning starts.

I really wish you hadn't mentioned that. I try to ignore my feet. Does the vaseline/socks thing work? If it does, I'll have to get over my phobia about wearing clothing in bed.

Yes it does. I wear a comptrression sock every night due to plantar issues, does not bother me at all because it helps as does vaseline and socks.

Back
Top Bottom