What Do You Do For Your Dry/Cracked Hands?

I really wish you hadn't mentioned that. I try to ignore my feet. Does the vaseline/socks work? If it does, I'll have to get over my phobia about wearing clothing in bed.
Morning Glory when we first moved here to the desert, the pharmacist recommended Vaseline on your feet and then wrap them in plastic wrap... ya know it was okay but oh man, don't try to get up and go to the bathroom!
O'Keeffe's, just a small-ish amount on your feet, put them up for about 30 minutes or so, twice a day and Bob's your uncle in less than 2 weeks.
Now need for the socks or anything else.

JAS_OH1 both our dermatologist and podiatrist recommended O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet to us years ago, and that works way better than the Vaseline here in uber dry Arizona USA. Let me tell ya buddy, it works great! And if you could have seen my DH's heals before we started using this product, you'd be amazed!
You know, I tried that stuff. It doesn't do the trick for me like Vaseline does. But I do get regular pedicures during the summer so never have much of an issue. During the winter I have to figure it out on my own.

I remember those palmolive dish soap commercials touting a formula for soft hands. I think they wanted to lure women to wash dishes to soften their hands, back in a time when women drove vacuum cleaners, made the coffee and meals, and did the laundry. It was a time when hubby came home from work and immediately glued a beer to the same hand that already had a cigarette glued to it, sat down in a cozy chair, flicking ashes on the carpet for her to vacuum up, and clicked the remote to turn on the evening sports game, while yelling to the wife to get those damn kids to behave and shut up.
Women were already washing dishes and didn't have to be "lured" to do it, they wanted to lure women to switch brands.

If my dad would have flicked ashes on the floor my mother would have cracked him with a cast iron skillet (she may have done this a few times, he was quite well-behaved). Also, back in those days, there were no remote controls. I am pretty sure that the kids got up to change the channel.

You know, I tried that stuff. It doesn't do the trick for me like Vaseline does. But I do get regular pedicures during the summer so never have much of an issue. During the winter I have to figure it out on my own.
JAS_OH1 I tell ya, twice a day for 2 weeks, not too much, let it soak in and oh, use some sort of whatever to get off as much of the calloused skin first is what the podiatrist said....

I really wish you hadn't mentioned that. I try to ignore my feet. Does the vaseline/socks thing work? If it does, I'll have to get over my phobia about wearing clothing in bed.
I use hand lotion twice a day on my heels and that does the trick for me, and no socks (or anything else) in bed.

You call it 'dish soap' in the USA? Here in the UK its called 'washing up liquid'.
Yes, dish soap here, and we'd be more likely to say "doing the dishes" versus "doing the washing up."

JAS_OH1 I tell ya, twice a day for 2 weeks, not too much, let it soak in and oh, use some sort of whatever to get off as much of the calloused skin first is what the podiatrist said....
My pedicurist uses a tool that looks like a zester/cheese grater, LOL.

Women were already washing dishes and didn't have to be "lured" to do it, they wanted to lure women to switch brands.

If my dad would have flicked ashes on the floor my mother would have cracked him with a cast iron skillet (she may have done this a few times, he was quite well-behaved). Also, back in those days, there were no remote controls. I am pretty sure that the kids got up to change the channel.
BAHAHAHA!
That was our house!
I use to think that's why my parents had kids to begin with :laugh:

I use hand lotion twice a day on my heels and that does the trick for me, and no socks (or anything else) in bed.

Yes, dish soap here, and we'd be more likely to say "doing the dishes" versus "doing the washing up."
My hubby has soft feet. I wonder if a lot of men do?

:laugh:

I thought this might be a US brand but I just found it on-line here and ordered some. Thanks! They do hand cream too.
Morning Glory it's working out pretty well with the O'Keeffe's Working Hands. I've been using it several times a day, in small amounts as suggested, concentrating on the worst bits of my hands.
O'Keeffe's Health Feet, as JAS_OH1 mentioned about her pedicurist, use one of those "graters" and scrap off what you can from your feet first.
That stuff is GOLD!
I think I pay something like $6USD and coins for a jar of it. They have tubes of the stuff too.

Morning Glory it's working out pretty well with the O'Keeffe's Working Hands. I've been using it several times a day, in small amounts as suggested, concentrating on the worst bits of my hands.
O'Keeffe's Health Feet, as JAS_OH1 mentioned about her pedicurist, use one of those "graters" and scrap off what you can from your feet first.
That stuff is GOLD!
I think I pay something like $6USD and coins for a jar of it. They have tubes of the stuff too.
I adore a great foot massage, though. My pedi lady is fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom