What do you miss about the UK?

Beer was always something I missed, although many countries now have quite a variety. I remember spending an age trying to hunt down a dark beer called Hakim Stout in Ethiopia. Heroically, I tried every bar in the town where I worked, but had no joy. Eventually, I discovered it in a hotel restaurant in Addis Ababa just before I returned home. It was, at least to my palate, more reminiscent of a brown ale that a stout, but made a pleasant change from the remorseless wave of standard-issue lager.

Yes they are hard - same texture as the originals. I share your dislike of soggy gums.

They are "Tesco" but I have not opened the (very small) packet yet.

midget gems s.jpg

That is a small bag. I'm curious to know what you think compared to the brand name. Do you like Sports Mix too?

They are not "hard" as I remember but sort of chewy. They stick to my teeth.

For information the bag contains 80 gums of which 8 are lime, 9 are raspberry, 9 are blackcurrant, 13 are apricot, 13 are orange and a massive 28 are pear.

Last edited:
They are not "hard" as I remember but sort of chewy. They stick to my teeth.

For information the bag contains 80 gums of which 8 are lime, 9 are raspberry, 9 are blackcurrant, 13 are apricot, 13 are orange and a massive 28 are pear.

You can distinguish the flavours? I think the Maynard's black ones are liquorice - might be wrong.

:laugh:

To continue this idle discussion - I always thought the yellow one's were supposed to be lemon. Which are your favourites.

Personally, I prefer the black ones, whether they be blackcurrant or liquorice.

You didn't reply re 'Sports Mix' - maybe you don't know it? They are larger than midget gems and nice and hard.

39741011_0_640x640.jpg

You didn't reply re 'Sports Mix' - maybe you don't know it? They are larger than midget gems and nice and hard.

I can't say that I've ever had them. I don't remember anyway.

Back
Top Bottom