What do you usually eat for breakfast?

Sarah676

Veteran
Local time
9:41 AM
For those of you who eat breakfast, what is a typical breakfast for you?

For me it's a bagel, some fruit and a cup of black tea. I have that nearly every day, but I always have a different type of bagel and fruit so I don't get bored. :D

It changes a lot to be honest. Usually it's either bread (with some meat and maybe cheese on it) or an omelette. Sometimes I just skip it all together and just wait for lunch.

Usually I just have bread, marg & jam with an oat milk drink and some nettle infusion (I have calcium issues so need a high calcium intake).
If I want a hot drink then I will add peppermint tea and/or heat the oat milk up.

In winter, or if I am out cycling for more than 2 hours that day, I will have porridge with soya milk, or baked beans on toast with a fried egg. (usually when I am out for more than 2 hours cycling, I am cycling over to my mothers which is a round trip of 42 miles or my grandfathers at +60 miles and I need the calories to be able to get home again !)

Lately I've been on a huge Noosa yogurt kick. I'll usually have one of those and fruit. Occasionally I splurge and add a quad nonfat latte to that!

I'm not a typical "cereal-for-breakfast" girl; for my breakfast I typically enjoy eating an avocado sandwich. I get 2 slices of whole wheat bread, mash up my avocado and spread it on, sprinkle on some chilli powder and flax seeds for taste and then I heat it for a few seconds (I like when it's a little warm in my mouth). I love eating that in the morning with a glass of orange juice, it tastes great! Sadly, if I don't have any avocados then I opt out for mini croissant breads and tea, though I prefer my avocado sandwiches. I rarely eat cereal in the morning for some reason.

Usually I don't eat breakfast at all due to a short period of time from when I wake up until I have to go to classes at college. When I do make breakfast it either involves potatoes or eggs (or both). And I usually mix in leftovers with both of them. I used leftover stir fry to make an omelet a few days ago, and left over pizza toppings were added to fried up shredded potatoes this morning.

Cereal, toast, scrambled egg....anything quick.

Was going to try and make my own granola cereal, seen a recipe for it. Meant to be good for kicking off your day. We'll see! :unsure:

I personally feel that breakfast is an important meal for the whole day, so it I don't take a chance of skipping it. I usually take toast and a boiled egg along with a cup of hot milk regularly. I also eat traditional breakfast once in a week which I enjoy the most. As I go to college daily I don't find time for myself to prepare or cook different kinds as breakfast.

The working week is cereal and a mug of tea, weekend/days off can range from toast and jam to egg and soldiers, pain au chocolate.

I'm kind of old-fashioned breakfast fan, and like to have a cup of coffee and hot cakes with butter and loads of maple syrup.

However I have to limit my breakfast to that cup of coffee with something else such as a ham sandwich, or a quick omelette some times.

I have cereal with proteins, milk, cranberry juice and coffee. For years I had an English muffin, but I got bored with them.

Almost always eggs. I've been obsessed with them for years now. Prior to that, my go to breakfast was always some toasted slices of a crusty fresh bread with Smuckers natural peanut butter and grape jam, along with a cup of extra strong black coffee. I had to ween myself off of coffee a bit though because I was having trouble sleeping, so I changed up my breakfast routine to eggs and OJ with wheat toast instead. When I'm in a hurry it's just scrambled or fried eggs. But when I have the time I really prefer to make a good omelette, with fresh spinach and mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese. Once in a while to change things up I will make breakfast burritos instead with crumbled breakfast sausage, some diced sauteed fresh jalapeno peppers, scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar, along with some fresh made pico de gallo.

Recently, my boyfriend has been making me breakfast because thats the only type of meal that he likes/knows how to cook ;P haha. But I lov eating a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a toasted roll or bagel! with a little bit of ketchup. It is so good and tasty and surely fills me up :) I also love a side of fruit! and to drink I like some cold green tea or just water.

I recently started making eggless pancakes. I just use plain flour, milk and a pinch of baking soda. Just mix it all and add a pinch of cinnamon, salt and sugar. Let it rise for about 20 minutes or so and then make pancakes the usual way. They're delicious with jam and some butter.

the first thing in the morning that I love is a nice cup of tea. Then I usually have toast or a cereal. Now and then I may have a fry up. I don't like a very heavy breakfast, I find that it I am bloated for the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom