What do you usually eat for breakfast?

I try not to eat the same thing for breakfast every day so sometimes I eat a bowl of cereal, sometimes scrambled eggs, sometimes pancakes or when I'm really lazy I just have some bread with Nutella. I don't think I have ever skipped my breakfast although I don't believe that it's the most important meal of the day. I just don't like to go to university with an empty stomach.

My breakfast varies through the week. It is usually bread and scrambled eggs on Monday, Idli and Dosa (Indian item) on Tuesday, Puris (Indian item) on Wednesday, Chappatis (Indian item) on Thursday and then repeat of the sequence. No matter which day a cup of tea is a must. That's more about my breakfast.

Before my breakfast is not healthy but when our father got sick we are already aware to watched our diet. And so everyday after waking up I drink two glass of water as a way to cleanse and activate our body organs from a night of fasting. Then my breakfast are blended fruits and veggies (apple, kiwi, strawberry, cucumber, tomato, carrot and bell pepper). For me it is a great and healthy combination in taste for blending and I am doing this for many years already. And one glass of this makes me full already and to have the energy to start my day. Since the day I had known that the vitamins content of fruits and vegetables is best absorbed on an empty stomach rather you will eat it with a regular meal I do considered this already to be my breakfast everyday. And it works best for me and I do not get sick for years already and every medical check up I had all are normal and I think because of this regimen I had since I changed my breakfast lifestyle.

I usually hv very light breakfast of fresh fruit with muesli/oats, or crackers with vegemite or cheese or halfboiled eggs.

But on the rare occasion that all my kids are home for the hols, then they'd want me to cook the traditional, full blown malaysian breakfast of nasi lemak…and dont be surprised tht it can be pretty darn heavy lol.

Heres a pic my son took for his instagram sometime back

NasiLemak.jpg

I'm not a breakfast person. I am really working on eating breakfast consistently. I was eating bagels, but I stopped because I'm reducing the about of bread in my diet. Now, I eat plain yogurt with raw trail mix. Delicious. Sometimes I will eat steel cut oats with raw trail mix, cinnamon and brown sugar.

I know that when I eat breakfast, I feel satiated until lunch. I also don't overeat later in the evening.

I prefer savory food and lunch and dinner over breakfast but I've been making an effort to eat proper breakfasts as of late. I'll typically have porridge with Greek yoghurt and a bit of fruit or Weetbix with olive based margarine and Marmite, which is the New Zealand equivalent to Vegemite. Some days, I'll have toast.

My favorite breakfast foods are a little different to what I eat on a daily basis. I love breakfast bagels, savory crepes topped off with hollandaise sauce and vegetarian breakfasts with hash browns, fried tomatoes, onions, haloumi, mushrooms and toast.

For those of you who eat breakfast, what is a typical breakfast for you?

For me it's a bagel, some fruit and a cup of black tea. I have that nearly every day, but I always have a different type of bagel and fruit so I don't get bored. :D

When I actually cook breakfast, I usually like to make an omelet. It varies on the ingredients -- just depends on my taste buds. But I always use 3 eggs and stuff with a bunch of healthy stuff and cheese.

This morning we had croissant and tea. Tomorrow will be a bread muffin containing a pork patty made by TVC.

I never acquired the habit of eating a lot on breakfast. I know, everyone and their mother say it's bad not to eat breakfast, and even worse to skip breakfast. However, in the morning I'm never hungry and sometimes even nauseated to even think about food. I have always been this way. So I will usually just have some yogurt or milk, and very rarely have some crackers. But that is about as much as I can manage to eat. Then a couple of hours later I'll just drink some coffee.

At home, breakfast is usually bread with butter, strawberry jam, peanut butter or Nutella. With that I have either coffee or Milo. When I want a big breakfast, I cook eggs, bacon and sometimes hotdogs to go with it. Haha huge appetite for me!

My every day breakfast is oatmeal and a banana. Coffee is also on the menu. This is generally enough to get me through to lunch. I will have some yoghurt or an energy type bar if I need more. If I have more time, I will either make blueberry muffins (I pick them when they are in season and have them in the freezer). or I will make an omelet.

My breakfast usually consists rice dishes. I love rice and I don't feel like my meal is complete without it. If I'm in the right mood for bread, I'll have it, but that rarely happens and I'd usually opt for a full bowl of rice, some eggs, and a good hearty side dish.

Back
Top Bottom