What do you usually eat with your burger? Fries, Onion Rings, Tater Tots?

You put an egg on your burger, which is unusual to most of us in the US.

Yes, I put eggs with many things. I like eggs.

This is a double decker bacon and egg sandwich.

bacon egg dd 1 s.jpg

Which gets a little messy when you stack them.

bacon egg dd 2 s.jpg

I like fries (chips) only when they are hot out of the fryer. I prefer onion rings but only if they are fresh cut and cooked. No frozen rings please. Potato chips (crisps). My current favorite is Lay's Dill Pickle chips.

We rarely eat burgers on a bun. I cook ground beef patties but serve them sans bun with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers/pickles, topped with melted cheese, a side of veggies.

When I get a craving for a really good, greasy burger there is a joint in a neighboring community that I will visit. I take the top bun off and eat the rest with a fork and knife. They have home made, shoestring onion rings.

We are big on eggs on CookingBites! I don't think eggs on burgers are very common in the Uk but don't you have this in the USA?:

Egg McMuffin®: Egg Sandwich | McDonald's

An Egg McMuffin is a totally cooked egg on an English muffin with a slice of cheese and Canadian bacon (or sausage, but that has another name). There is no burger patty, nor is it by any means a drippy egg, you can't even order it that way. It's also a breakfast offering, although I believe some McDonald's offer breakfast all day now.

A girlfriend used to keep chickens and fed her "girls," as she called them, premium food and they pretty much free ranged in her yard. Their yolks, while not quite as orange as the above, were orange colored.

An Egg McMuffin is a totally cooked egg on an English muffin with a slice of cheese and Canadian bacon (or sausage, but that has another name). There is no burger patty, nor is it by any means a drippy egg, you can't even order it that way. It's also a breakfast offering, although I believe some McDonald's offer breakfast all day now.

That's right - its the same here except the egg is a bit drippy (not fully set). I was just wondering if you had it in the USA (which you obviously do I now realise, but with a set egg). It isn't served on a burger here either.

See here for the egg sort of dripping...

screenshot-2017-12-01-at-9.23.30-am.png

Last edited:
McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food joints do this breakfast thing. Some on an English muffin some on a croissant. IDK if they use real eggs or an egg substitute. Whatever - :yuck:

I love an egg sandwich. Eggs either soft scrambled or drippy.

McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food joints do this breakfast thing. Some on an English muffin some on a croissant. IDK if they use real eggs or an egg substitute. Whatever - :yuck:

I love an egg sandwich. Eggs either soft scrambled or drippy.

Me too. But do you ever find eggs on top of burgers in the USA? This is making me think of a new idea for a thread... something to do with what doesn't go with eggs!

Back
Top Bottom