What do you usually grown in your garden?

crunchy cat

Veteran
Local time
5:41 PM
I tend to lean towards tomatoes, peas, green onions and beans. I also have a bunch of raspberry that never survive my kitchen long enough to be made into things. My SO and I just straight up eat them. I also I grow a bunch of herbs. Mainly basil and chives.
I love fresh home grown produce.

Hardy herbs ie bay , Rosemary , sage ,fennel comes back every year so does lovage and angelica
Runner beans and salad stuff
Soft fruits such as raspberries, horseradish, apple , pears and quince
And I put a Christmas tree root in every year so soon I will have supply of trees at Xmas

My yard, it seems, is a wasteland. I've tried so many things to make it a place where something can grow. The best I could do were potatoes but even that had its issues. I think I have to designate an area in my yard & build a garden from scratch: soil & all. Find the most well lit area & go to town.

Usually tomatoes and green beans are the only food I like to plant the rest of the garden will be flowers. Rose bush in the front. I think this year I will plant some sunflowers.

We have lots of vegetables in our garden. We have tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pechay (a variety of cabbage ) , alugbati ( malavar spinach). We tried to grow red cabbage and cauliflower but we not successful.

I usually grow herbs and flowers, but I have recently started to expand to include fruits and greens. Last year I experimented with growing potatoes and I was quite pleased myself when I harvested them (they were so delicious!). I also grew peanuts for the first time after a raw peanut I put in the compost bin sprouted and I found the plant there.

My yard, it seems, is a wasteland. I've tried so many things to make it a place where something can grow. The best I could do were potatoes but even that had its issues. I think I have to designate an area in my yard & build a garden from scratch: soil & all. Find the most well lit area & go to town.

You need to amend your soil. My recommendation would be to create raised beds and then plant herbs and a few vegetables that have grown well for someone you know who lives in your area. As for things like potatoes, I'd plant those above ground using wire fencing to create a tower or something like a plastic laundry hamper. Containers are another good option for you as you don't have to dig, just like with raised beds, but you will have to buy soil.

Currently only basil. It is the only thing that fit in there! I live in a small apartment so unfortunately there is not too much room to grow everything I like. However, I wanted to start growing some pepper, and cherry tomatoes which are quite simple to grow in out weather here.

I'll just share some of the things that I have yielded. Cucumbers, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, water melons, okras, parsley, green peas and limes. Right now I have either bananas or figs on a tree and recently I have had tons of tomatoes. I want some thyme grown as this is one of favourite herbs.

This year our garden is work in progress so we are only growing a few thing in planters. Salad potatoes, beetroot, tomatoes, mixed lettuce and broccoli. The broccoli is growing nicely

DSCN2051.JPG

I am also very good at growing weeds. However I have an orchard and grow fruit trees, apple pear, cherry. And I have redcurrant and white currant bushes as well as gooseberries. And I grow raspberries and strawberries.

I have also grown potatoes, lettuces, runner beans, peas, sprouts, carrots, parsnips. And radishes.

We had a garden in my parents house but flowering plants like different kinds of orchids, roses and daisies and the green lawns are what you can see there. My mother had what they called green thumb that is why all her plants blooms flowers everyday which is lovely to look at. But she had planted chili peppers, tomatoes and eggplants in one corner of our garden at home and she is also harvesting from the said vegetables and it very useful in her cooking needs. Since I am married already and far away from our home, I am not able to have them. And when I do go for a vacation to visit my parents in our house I am always excited to see our garden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom