What do you usually grown in your garden?

Mostly vegetables native to my country and tomatoes, okra, raddish, chili peppers etc. I also have a herb garden I keep potted basils, lentils, romain lettuces and such for salads.

I usually grow some potatoes, green beans and lettuce in my veggie garden, sometimes carrots but we have so many rocks in the soil they come out quite small and very wonky! :P Green beans grow best in my garden I find, and they're delicious! Also plenty of herbs, mint, lemon balm, basil, oregano and chive. Love putting chive with my fresh lettuce or with a cheese sandwich!

I usually grow some potatoes, green beans and lettuce in my veggie garden, sometimes carrots but we have so many rocks in the soil they come out quite small and very wonky! :P Green beans grow best in my garden I find, and they're delicious! Also plenty of herbs, mint, lemon balm, basil, oregano and chive. Love putting chive with my fresh lettuce or with a cheese sandwich!
You're a vegan and you eat cheese?

In the garden I have just herbs growing; oregano, Rosemary, fennel, and thyme. I also have an allotment where we grow potatoes, squash, beetroot, spinach, courgettes, New Zealand yams, rhubarb, redcurrants, black currents, gooseberries, sweet corn, beans, and something new that I can't remember it's name but it looks a bit weed like.

Rhubarb again, that really amuses me no end because I once had seen a rhubarb plant and even had sampled the jam made from it. But from your crops, I would love to harvest your sweet corn and probably put the ears directly to a big pot with water for boiling. And if you would provide me with butter, we have a deal, hahahaaa. By the way, the only herb we have here is the mint and the basil which are very useful whenever we have house guests. But for ordinary days, those herbs are just languishing in the garden.

I grow plenty of vegetables in my garden. That includes Kales, tomatoes and bell peppers. I am trying strawberries as well but noticed they yield somewhat small berries. I am trying to improve the crop as I have many uses for strawberries:D

Rhubarb again, that really amuses me no end because I once had seen a rhubarb plant and even had sampled the jam made from it. But from your crops, I would love to harvest your sweet corn and probably put the ears directly to a big pot with water for boiling. And if you would provide me with butter, we have a deal, hahahaaa. By the way, the only herb we have here is the mint and the basil which are very useful whenever we have house guests. But for ordinary days, those herbs are just languishing in the garden.
You could mix the basil with some of the expensive pine nuts you have and make a pesto sauce! If you don't have the cheese you can omit it.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1507660/classic-pesto

I wish we still had our big garden. It was wonderful to just go outside and bring in fresh vegetables. I always felt a sense of accomplishment too, watching it grow. I'm so jealous of you guys. I at least need to get a small garden going next time around. It's just too nice to not have one.

We always grew tomatoes, cucumbers, different kinds of peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, and green beans. Those were our staples, but we experimented with lots of other stuff too. Even grew a small watermelon once.

Back
Top Bottom