What foods can you not eat?

Local time
5:37 AM
I cannot eat Cookies and Cream ice cream. Just thinking about it gives me the mouth sweats. I ate too much of it as a child and can no longer eat it without gagging. Same with food from Burger King.

I also cannot eat sweet potatoes. I never ate too much, but it is the consistency as well as flavor that makes me gag.

What foods make you sick?

I'm fortunate enough not to have any food allergies or other conditions that would make eating something that wasn't spoiled, really fatal or unpleasant.

That said: durian. Which is weird, because I like the smell of it, which most people who like the taste hate the smell. My mother found a recipe where she mixes it with cream and wraps it in a flour dumpling wrapper to freeze, and she loved it, and she usually hates durian. So, I thought it would be safe for me to try it and bleeech!!

Then again, if I can learn to like coconut (I used to just hate the taste), and if I can learn to like avocado (same) and I can even learn to like them together (yummy!)--then maybe one day I can eat durian, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I mean, I used to really hate spicy food, but then when I was young my family moved to Indonesia and had to learn to tolerate hot chilis or else I'd starve to death. Now I sometimes even miss it!

Brussels sprouts really gross me out, I was forced to eat them as a kid and won't go near them now. I love spinach but won't eat it canned or frozen, the taste is nasty, espeically canned. Actually I won't eat most canned veggies, they really don't have good flavor as far as I am concerned.

I cannot eat cream sauces or pestos. There's nothing specific about either that I don't like, though I do find cream sauces somewhat heavy, but if I eat either I am sick within the hour. I finally learned my lesson and stopped eating them.

any thing high in citric acid brings me out in mild sweats ,from pear drops to red grapefruits...
not terminal just anoying

anything, and I mean anything, with dairy in it... anaphylactic shock
anything too acidic or alkaline strips the surface off my tongue - I have a permanent geographic tongue (warning don't google this just before a meal!)

I literally got over one of the things I could never eat just yesterday: Oreo cookies. I tried Oreo's as a little kid and had this irrational dislike for them ever since. But I tried a few yesterday and they actually weren't that bad. I think it's because I have less tolerance for really sweet things now. Like I switched to dark chocolate because milk chocolate was too much. So the bitter cookie isn't as gross as it used to be.

I can't eat ramen noodles without gagging. College dorm-life, overdid it and now I have a complete mental block.

And any food that is too greasy. I'll be sick shortly after.

I feel nauseous whenever I eat shrimp. There's something about its smell and essence that just doesn't agree with my nose or even my stomach. Even when the shrimp is hidden in the food and I ingest only a small amount, my stomach can somehow detect it and it makes me gag.

I don't have any food allergies but I do have foods that don't settle in my stomach or I had a bad experience with and don't want to risk again. One of those foods is raw nuts. I can't eat raw peanuts, almonds, etc without getting sick. Its best that I don't even have to smell them! I ate too many honey roasted peanuts when I was younger and well...you know the rest. Funny thing is, one of my favorite candy bars is Snickers and it definitely doesn't make me sense. If nuts are inside of a treat then I am good to go.

I've never had a bad experience with them but all beef hot dogs make me sick to my stomach, too. Its the unhealthy 99 cent hot dogs for this girl!

I can't eat scrambled eggs since I got pregnant with my son, smell makes me sick(can only hard boil them then eat them), I can't eat cherries and coconut(allergic), beets, eggplant, and hominy just don't like.

I feel nauseous whenever I eat shrimp. There's something about its smell and essence that just doesn't agree with my nose or even my stomach. Even when the shrimp is hidden in the food and I ingest only a small amount, my stomach can somehow detect it and it makes me gag.

I'm on the fence about shrimp. If I were to have shrimp fried rice, I'm fine. The little tiny ones, I can deal with. But I can't eat a pasta dish with shrimp with it, I just think it tastes gross. I'm not sure where that comes from because I used to love shrimp.

I'm not allergic to anything that I know of and am not very picky when it comes to food. I, for whatever reason, am not a huge fan of salmon. This is especially unfortunate because I live in an area where salmon also live lol. I really only seem to like it when it's raw in sushi.

I cannot eat liver, and that goes for cow liver and chicken liver. I can't stand the taste and the smell. I'm not sure if it's common to eat liver everywhere, where I live it's not super common but you will find it eventually some places, and my family loves preparing it. I'm not a picky ester, but that is something I don't like.

Mushrooms! I'm fortunate in that I'm not that picky when it comes to food, but mushrooms just don't do well with my mouth/stomach.

I actually think it's a shame, because I would like to.. like them. You can do so many different things with them, they're so versatile. But no way will I eat them. Even the smell makes me want to gag!

I am also fortunate that I don't have any serious food allergies. I'm lactose intolerant, but that's it. I can no longer tolerate really spicy foods even though I love them. It hit me one day. It was a sad day since I truly love spicy food.

I do have a whole laundry list of foods that I refuse to eat. I am a very picky eater which drove my mother nuts.

Back
Top Bottom