What have you cooked which was a disaster?

Everything I make is tried and pretty good. I'm only average on desserts. I tried a new recipe for dessert. When I turned it out on the plate , there was no wobble, it collapsed. Pretty embarrassing!! I can't even think of the name of it now. The vanilla one?

Russ

Everything I make is tried and pretty good. I'm only average on desserts. I tried a new recipe for dessert. When I turned it out on the plate , there was no wobble, it collapsed. Pretty embarrassing!! I can't even think of the name of it now. The vanilla one?

Russ

Creme caramel?

The very first thing I ever tried to cook for a date was a disaster.

I had promised an Italian girl that I just started dating that I would cook her dinner. She said she loved shrimp parm, so I set out to make it for her, even the sauce from scratch.

About an hour before she came to my apartment, I put the shrimp in the sauce and let them cook.

We choked down rubber shrimp parm that night.

About an hour before she came to my apartment, I put the shrimp in the sauce and let them cook.

Oh dear! I had a friend (now departed) who had some strange theory about cooking live mussels - that they should be put in cold water and gradually heated until boiling then simmered for ten minutes - he thought it was more humane. There was a similar rubbery result.

How to bugger up the simple art of cooking cheese on toast..........

cheese on toast s.jpg

Inadvertently press the <microwave> button and not the <grill> button.

My wife once didn't remove the giblets - and they were in a plastic bag!
I did that once!

Recently I was making a small pan of garlic mushrooms for myself, to serve on toast. They tasted slightly weird. I checked the tube of minced garlic in the fridge, that I'd used a little squirt of. But it said pureed ginger!

Back
Top Bottom