What is a sandwich?

We had a picnic in the park behind my house on Saturday with the grandkids. Club sammys, and sausy rolls.
The kids love my club sammys. Home made Mayo with lettuce and tomato then ham with mashed egg that has Mayo as well and with curry powder. Real good.

Russ

A friend of mine posted this "beefburger" on the net last week. He was severely reprimanded!

beefburger.jpg

The representative from the great state of Yorky has put forth the argument, in terms explained by Justice Ginsberg, that the Contitution is a living document; that our first laws are to be subjected to interpretation.
The decision to recognize a hot dog as a sandwich based simply on pure testimony is the keystone of their rather flacid debate.

I say, my esteemed colleagues, that the spirit of the recently passed Justice Scalia is in its entirely insulted by such a shallow and unconstitutional reproach.

Originalists would most certainly state that in its nature, a hot dog has from its inception been considered a being in its own right. That special recognition must be given to the specific individuality of its existence to the point of it becoming its own genre.

I submit the rest of my time to the house...

:laugh::laugh:

no, but I would love to know how it is made.... I'm hungry and rather fancy some form of vegetarian dairy free version of it!

I wouldn't know exactly how it's made but my favourite was from the old Royal Selangor Club, Kuala Lumpur and the filling was a chicken curry.

I think both a burger and a hotdog is a sandwich just a particular type of sandwich like a grinder or a panini. I always have my veggie burgers between sliced bread not bun cause buns are too bready. And my beans burgers go breadless so they aren't a sandwich at all.

Now looking at those photos...egg and lettuce? How odd. Lol

Why have you avoided sandwiches for so long?

Is that a Kiwi thing? No sammys?

image.jpg
I meant the sausage sammy. I eat bread almost daily. Just hadn't had a sausy one. Leftover sausys I made stuffed sausages. Just a sausage cut in half with mash tatter inside it. Cheese and tomato sauce on top.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom