What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still close on the sweet bun and it's a big yes to the sugar on the outside.

Yes, this is a type of donut Windigo , could you elaborate on that further?
Well I have zero experience with Hawaian anything, so I am not really capable of judging what it is, they just remind me of loukmades ( Greek donut balls with honey) and my own cultures Oliebollen ( donut balls), the difference being that on your pic I see they are coated with sugar.

So maybe a ball shaped donut rolled in sugar?

Malasada?
DING DING DING!!!!
Malasadas are Portuguese Donuts.
DSC00068.JPG

DSC00070.JPG

I would kill for a box of Leonard's!

In full fairness, I didn't see that Morning Glory was hot on the trail and I didn't mean to snake her chance to answer.

If she'd like to post somehting up, she may have an item more readily available than I.

Thanks - but this is not a thread where who guesses gets to post next photo. Anyone can post once something is guessed.

Hmm that seems like a variation of the portuguese sweet called filhós or maybe sonhos. I've never seen those in Portugal...

Hmm that seems like a variation of the portuguese sweet called filhós or maybe sonhos. I've never seen those in Portugal...

Think you are referring to the post from kaneohegirlinaz?

Apparently this bread is from Portuguese immigrants to the USA:
This bread has maintained its popularity and it’s tradition within the Portuguese Immigrant communities in the United States. The first Portuguese immigrants came from the Azores and settled on the East Coast of Southern New England to work in the fishing and whaling industry during the late 18th century. One century later, another group of immigrants settled on the West Coast in the San Fransisco Bay area to work in the dairy and farming industry.

By the late 19th century, more had immigrated to Hawaii to work in the sugarcane fields.
Portuguese Sweet Bread - Pao Doce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom