What is the latest food trend you wish would go away?

Agree with the above! If you're happy with what you eat, thats all that matters.

I agree with this and vote for this food trend to be done away with as well. I think it's much better to just portion your intake instead of having to jump through hoops just to get to a mediocre version of a great dish. I think healthy food should just be original instead of needing to copy some other already established recipe, but honestly, it doesn't really bother me that much. If it's what works for some people, then so be it.

If it works for some people, that's great. If "organic" and "natural" is what makes you feel better, then you'll probably stick to that diet. However, I think a lot of people have tried this type of diet strictly because it is the new "thing." Eventually, something else will replace this fad and people will be all over that. I'll just continue to be healthy with my washed fruits and vegetables and my lean meats. :)

If it works for some people, that's great. If "organic" and "natural" is what makes you feel better, then you'll probably stick to that diet. However, I think a lot of people have tried this type of diet strictly because it is the new "thing." Eventually, something else will replace this fad and people will be all over that. I'll just continue to be healthy with my washed fruits and vegetables and my lean meats. :)

That's a good point. People have to choose something they will stick with. The best thing when it comes to eating healthy--in my opinion--is consistency and continuing to wash fruits and veggies and eat lean meats will probably put you ahead in the long run.

While not a particularly recent food trend, I always get irritated when people talk about calories as if it's a bad thing. If they have a limit or goal to meet or stay within or whatever, then they do--but calories are the primary reason to consume food. Calories are energy.

Those who just jump on the gluten-free bandwagon might have annoying personalities that make everything that they do a Bad Thing, but I can't be too irritated with them if their presence and purchasing choices make life that much easier for those suffering potentially fatal gluten intolerance.

Paleo, I think is interesting but not for me.

Cupcakes!!! I can't stand to turn on the TV and see cupcake TV shows everywhere! It's like everybody's making cupcakes, and cupcakes are really simple to make and not that good in my opinion. I prefer brownie or a regular cake. I don't understand why cupcakes became so popular. They're really cute to look at, but not so much that it is worth the hype.

Claiming that everything is a 'super food'. No, it isn't. It doesn't burn extra fat. It doesn't make you lose weight faster.

It's all a marketing ploy.

Back
Top Bottom