What is your favorite beer?

My favorite beer is Tusker. I like it because I do not feel hangovers after taking it. It is cheap and is brewed locally. It has been around for sometime now and most people also like it. Many will agree that it is the best beer around and internationally.
I just looked this up. Its a Kenyan beer brewed since 1922. I've not come across it but it seems I can get it in the UK (don't know where you are @sixxup. Add location to your avatar!). I'd be interested to try it, given it is such an old recipe.

I am not a beer drinker but my husband sometimes bring beer during picnics and vacations. At home, he seldom drinks but always has some cans of beer in the storage so that when a drinking guest arrives, he has something to offer. For him, it is always the pale pilsen type of San Miguel, the best beer in the country. However, he said that some beer drinkers are shifting to brandy that is the light type of cheap brandy. I don't know what he meant by that.

One of the few good things about the climate in the UK is that beer can be served at sensible temperatures. The idea that cask-conditioned beer should be served "warm" is a fallacy; if buffoons like John Major want to drink warm beer, that is entirely up to them. While beer should never be warm, nor should it be freezing cold. If I want something freezing cold, I'll eat an ice lolly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjfM2EuKuTvPlJomYZQo2fAql-b_x96GJ7yrqvbq8DQAXg9QXP.jpg
To be truly patriotic, I would have to go with our local Banks Beer. It's going to be everywhere for the next couple of days and in abundance. It's our local Calypso season. Merriment and too many beers for some.

Last edited:
One of the few good things about the climate in the UK is that beer can be served at sensible temperatures. The idea that cask-conditioned beer should be served "warm" is a fallacy; if buffoons like John Major want to drink warm beer, that is entirely up to them. While beer should never be warm, nor should it be freezing cold. If I want something freezing cold, I'll eat an ice lolly.
Many lagers are better ice cold - it hides the taste.

My go-to brand is Budweiser because it's good and cheap but if I had the luxury of choice I'd drink San Miguel flavored beer all day, everyday. Their apple and lemon flavors makes me feel like I'm on a vacation.

This is a difficult question - different beers suit different situations.

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go for Cuvee Delphine, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout from Belgium made by De Struise.

This is a difficult question - different beers suit different situations.

I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go for Cuvee Delphine, a bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout from Belgium made by De Struise.
To strong for me that one !
I like my Belgium beers and can sit for hours drinking at the beer wall in Brugge but there's nothing like that in the UK

To strong for me that one !
I like my Belgium beers and can sit for hours drinking at the beer wall in Brugge but there's nothing like that in the UK

De Struise seems to have dropped the ABV from 13% to 11% in more recent editions! You've to take it easy though and it's not the sort of thing for a hot summer's day.

I think my favourite part of Belgium for drinking is Brussels and the pajottenland region just to the SW of Brussels. It has one of the most distinctive beer cultures in the world using open natural brewing processes that probably haven't changed for a few centuries to make Oude Geuze and the various fruit flavoured variants. It was an industry that had just about died out in the 70s, but with the upswing of interest in decent beer, the established names have started growing and new geuze brewers have popped up. Unusually for beer, it keeps incredibly well and aged geuze changes hands for prices up there with top wines.

There is in Ramsgate! The Belgian Cafe. Good food there too!
www.belgiancafe.co.uk/
Sorry I meant the high alcohol content not a normal thing over here ,yes there's a few Belgian beer bars left over here ,they were more in vogue in the 90s,still a few hardened duvel quauffers left

Luckily, the UK has a vast (and growing) number of small, independent breweries. There are just so many excellent cask ales that I wouldn't even begin to think about a single one being my favourite. As long as it has flavour, depth of character and taste, then I generally like it, though I prefer hoppy beers to malty ones. As for freezing cold, fizzy, chemical bilge, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
agreed but if I had to try to name a few of my favourites I would go with the Orkney Ales with Red McGregor and Dark Isle being my favourite.
I am also rather partial to Fraoch though its availability is 'interesting' south of the border.

dark_island_big.png red_macgregor_big.png Fraoch_Heather_Ale.jpg

What else? I can't really name any off the top of my head.
I like something with a bit of body... Like Chimay (obviously not from the UK though) and some of the irish beers we have encountered.

Chimays.jpg

I just looked this up. Its a Kenyan beer brewed since 1922. I've not come across it but it seems I can get it in the UK (don't know where you are @sixxup. Add location to your avatar!). I'd be interested to try it, given it is such an old recipe.
I don't really drink designer beers much because I can't afford them, but one mass produced beer that is pretty good is Bud Black Label Crown. It is an amber beer that is really pretty good. I tend to ike amber beers very much. I also like dark beer as it is very flavorful. I don't care muc for pale ale. I would like to try Gingerbread Stout though a local company here makes it and it is only produced in Nov and Dec I think

Back
Top Bottom