What is your Favorite Method for Baked Beans?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
8:02 AM
It's cookout time again! What food goes good with meat cooked outdoors? Baked Beans!!
And since we've been talking about favorite ways to do things, what is your favorite way to make Boson Baked Beans? Many people do them completely from scratch or from the can already cooked & doctor them up to make them taste better. Which method do YOU like to use? I like to use the old tried-&-true mehtod of doing it in the pressure cooker (link below). Doing it this way helps shave off hours & hours & hours on end cooking them in the oven!!

Recipe - Boston Baked Beans (pressure cooked)

Last edited:
It's cookout time again! What food goes good with meat cooked outdoors? Baked Beans!!
And since we've been talking about favorite ways to do things, what is your favorite way to make Boson Baked Beans? Many people do them completely from scratch or from the can already cooked & doctor them up to make them taste better. Which method do YOU like to use? I like to use the old tried-&-true mehtod of doing it in the pressure cooker (link below). Doing it this way helps shave off hours & hours & hours on end cooking them in the oven!!

Recipe - Boston Baked Beans (pressure cooked)

Baked beans mean different things in different places. Boston baked beans are sweet, and have a distinct texture from being cooked a long time in an earthen crock or cast-iron pot. Texas BBQ beans are not sweet. Hienz beans in a can/tin are bland.

I have made my own from scratch, but I find that Bush's baked beans are hard to beat. I will sometimes add some hot chili peppers, but that's about all.

CD

Guess that the difference is that I use the small white beans for my recipe. There are also dried beans classified by their nature, such as Great Northern Beans & Navy Beans. But I think that the small white beans are best suited for the recipe that I use to do them, being that they cook faster, whereas the other two are probably best suited to be cooked in the oven for longer cooking. 🤔

My favourite way is Cassoulet, which is basically a very fancy French meaty baked bean dish with the beans cooked with meat and stock. Probably not what you want with a barbecue though because it already contains tonnes of meat! Not to mention it takes ages to make and has loads of steps.

5253291c-0378-4a87-9265-e326b788f015-jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom