What is your favorite salad dressing?

Ranch dressing is my go to dressing. I also like to squeeze lemon juice on my salad or vegetables when I want something fresh.

I tend to make a simple vinaigrette with olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, but sometimes I will crave French dressing, or honey mustard. If I buy bottled dressing, it's usually Greek, which I also love.

Ranch for me. I like the creamy consistency. I find that olive oil based salad dressings make salads slimy and I do not like the texture of that. There is a Chinese restaurant near my house that makes a really good buttermilk ranch dressing. It is kind of runny and not overbearing to the tastebuds. I used to like blue cheese dressing when I was younger, but have lost the taste for it now that I am older.

I would have to say either ranch or blue cheese. I do like both of them. I haven't purchased any blue cheese for awhile though. I don't remember the last time I had it. I do need to learn to make salad dressing from scratch though because I know it is not too difficult and commercial dressing has a lot of salt. However, it is inexpensive as well.

I like a Greek salad dressing of lots of chopped garlic, olive oil, oregano, red wine vinegar, a touch of dijon mustard, salt, pepper and even some crubled feta. It's so easy to make and so versatile. I'll use this as a marinade for pork or chicken kabobs as well.

I love olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's so simple but so yummy. My my taught that when I was very young and it is now my favorite dressing. I love it on a spinach salad.

Back
Top Bottom