What Is Your Favorite Tea?

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
10:48 PM
I grew up drinking tea from pots, and tea from bags. I've tried many types, and like a variety. Some of my favorites are: oolong, green, black and orange mixes, jasmine (which I've learned is actually green, oolong, or a mix, infused with jasmine blossom scent or oil), and Earl Grey. I know some of y'all know a lot more about the subject than I do, so do you have any particular recipes to brew leaves?

My favorite tea is a combo of regular black tea and add cinnamon apple tea and sugar. During the summer I can not keep a pitcher of tea in the house, it is gone as soon as I make it. The natural flavors like peach and mango are good also.

I can't really say that I have a favorite. I don't care for "true" tea, that is black tea from the actual tea plant. I drink teas, or tisane, from herbs and or fruit and flowers. For a while I got into the idea of blending my own, but I haven't thought about it in a while. I'm thinking of starting a tea section in my garden. I have a few things already, including lemongrass, lemon balm, mint and bee balm.

I like so many teas, regular and herbal. I like Darjeeling black tea, and Russian Caravan, probably my favorite of the blacks. I am not a big fan of green tea this guy, I drink it mostly to get the antioxidants in me.

Herbal teas I like are too many to list. Rooibos, peach, raspberry, Bengal Spice, Good Earth, Meyer lemon. And the list goes on.

I can't really say that I have a favorite. I don't care for "true" tea, that is black tea from the actual tea plant. I drink teas, or tisane, from herbs and or fruit and flowers. For a while I got into the idea of blending my own, but I haven't thought about it in a while. I'm thinking of starting a tea section in my garden. I have a few things already, including lemongrass, lemon balm, mint and bee balm.

I'd love to see a pic if you do create a tea section. I've never used flowers or fruit, but like the idea of it. I have a sensitivity to lemongrass, so that's out, but I've been considering planting mint for tea and also for cooking. I need to research which varieties of jasmine are best for tea. This is a pic of mine, and my neighbor has star jasmine, so I might be able to snag some of that.

Attachments

• photo (15).JPG
    photo (15).JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 252
I like so many teas, regular and herbal. I like Darjeeling black tea, and Russian Caravan, probably my favorite of the blacks. I am not a big fan of green tea this guy, I drink it mostly to get the antioxidants in me.

Herbal teas I like are too many to list. Rooibos, peach, raspberry, Bengal Spice, Good Earth, Meyer lemon. And the list goes on.

I do like Darjeeling, as well. I will have to look for the Russian Caravan. I actually have some Rooibos here that a friend sent me, and I might make up a pot of that later :woot:

My favorite kind of tea is the black English Breakfast variety. I can drink cup after cup of this stuff, but I do it American style with only sugar added. I know that most people in Europe drink their tea with cream and sugar. I also like a nice cup of chamomile teal every once in a while at night to soothe my anxiety. I drink this tea just how it is with no sugar added.

I usually drink black tea of most kinds. I like Earl Grey tea, Lipton tea, Tetley tea and Red Rose tea. I also like green tea, but I do not drink this on a regular basis. I have heard that this kind has many health benefits though. I would also drink ginger tea with lemon on occasion.

My favorite kind of tea is the black English Breakfast variety. I can drink cup after cup of this stuff, but I do it American style with only sugar added. I know that most people in Europe drink their tea with cream and sugar. I also like a nice cup of chamomile teal every once in a while at night to soothe my anxiety. I drink this tea just how it is with no sugar added.
Actually many people don't take sugar anymore and the usual 'mixer' is plain milk [but that is optional too].
Tea should be hot strong and brown and sadly the warmish grey/brown liquid we seem to get [even here in England] served at ridiculous prices is simply an insult.

Earl Grey would be my first choice, if forced to pick, but I like a nice strong cup of Assam. For something lighter, Darjeeling is pleasant, especially on a warm summery day (assuming we ever get one). Iced tea is lovely if it's freshly made, rather than the horrible fizzy stuff you get in cans. Similar rules apply to mint tea - properly done with fresh mint, it's delicious.

I like drinking Rooibos tea, which is also known as redbush. It has no caffeine in it and tastes good without any milk or sweetener.

I also make my own herbal infusions. In winter I drink ginger tea, which warms me up. In summer I make fennel leaf and fig leaf tea. When the fennel is in seed, I collect these for winter use.

Fennel is now coming into leaf, but the fig tree is still without leaves, so I recently picked some young blackberry leaves and used them with the fennel leaves. It also made a nice refreshing herbal tea.

a assam tea called Winchester breakfast,i brew it with a spoon full of pearl barley in the pot to remove some of the cafine,
http://www.charteas.com/classic blend tea/An excellent, not too strong assam Breakfast tea. A truly rich start to the day
and i also drink roubush tea

I had no idea barley would remove caffeine. Is it just because it's pearls, or do you know if ground barley would also remove caffeine? I have some of both, and wouldn't mind trying that out. I made up a lovely pot of English Breakfast yesterday, it was delicious!

I like drinking Rooibos tea, which is also known as redbush. It has no caffeine in it and tastes good without any milk or sweetener.

I also make my own herbal infusions. In winter I drink ginger tea, which warms me up. In summer I make fennel leaf and fig leaf tea. When the fennel is in seed, I collect these for winter use.

Fennel is now coming into leaf, but the fig tree is still without leaves, so I recently picked some young blackberry leaves and used them with the fennel leaves. It also made a nice refreshing herbal tea.

I've never heard of using fennel and fig leaves in an infusion. I love fennel and anise, and have made anise infusions, so will have to see if I can get my hands on fennel leaves. My last place had fig trees, and I wish I had thought to try using the leaves. I've actually included ginger in my hot water, lemon, and honey beverage, and it helps my breathing. Your house sounds like the place to be for soothing concoctions!

I had no idea barley would remove caffeine. Is it just because it's pearls, or do you know if ground barley would also remove caffeine? I have some of both, and wouldn't mind trying that out. I made up a lovely pot of English Breakfast yesterday, it was delicious!
It's been a family thing to put a scoop of pearl barley in the pot for the removal of cafine , sorry got no science behind it , maybe it's just tradition now

Back
Top Bottom