What Is Your Favorite Tea?

As a child my mom would be happy to see us put Barley in just about any hot beverage. Sadly I have struggled at being consistent with any kind of Tea. Because there has been so much talk about the benefits of Green Tea, I try to drink that from time to time. I don't even know if I would say it's a favourite and as for the brand, I'll drink whatever my husband picks up. Tetley and Red Rose are common brands where I live.

As a child my mom would be happy to see us put Barley in just about any hot beverage. Sadly I have struggled at being consistent with any kind of Tea. Because there has been so much talk about the benefits of Green Tea, I try to drink that from time to time. I don't even know if I would say it's a favourite and as for the brand, I'll drink whatever my husband picks up. Tetley and Red Rose are common brands where I live.
ttf.jpg
nice to see these lads are global!!

I'd love to see a pic if you do create a tea section. I've never used flowers or fruit, but like the idea of it. I have a sensitivity to lemongrass, so that's out, but I've been considering planting mint for tea and also for cooking. I need to research which varieties of jasmine are best for tea. This is a pic of mine, and my neighbor has star jasmine, so I might be able to snag some of that.

Someone I know grows poet's jasmine. It's one of the ones used for tea. I have tried a few times to start a plant from a cutting from her garden and the last one looked as if it would make it and then just suddenly failed. I might see if I can get a few new growth spring cuttings from her and try again. I would love to have the plant, let alone be able to make tea from it!

Oh yeah. We here in 'Bim' love the English products. As a child if you had anything that came from England, it was considered great quality. So Tetley and the like was considered a 'quality' brand by virtue of it being "English" with the accent.
That just makes me grin to think something as simple as tea bags and its marketing travels to all corners ,what other English products do you get,
there are companies in the uk that export boxes of British chocolate to the states ,as some americans favour our chocolate products as we crave Belgian chocolate
:okay:

That just makes me grin to think something as simple as tea bags and its marketing travels to all corners ,what other English products do you get,
there are companies in the uk that export boxes of British chocolate to the states ,as some americans favour our chocolate products as we crave Belgian chocolate
:okay:

Several things I am sure including chocolates but I don't do much grocery shopping these days. The English Tea (with the accent) is the first thing that comes to mind when we think English. I am sure I speak for most of the locals. I will make it my business when next I am in the grocery store, to check out some more brandsj coming from the UK. I am in the retail clothing business and when it comes to the English clothing that's another big thing. "I picked it up in England" so immediately it's quality clothing. We might have gained Independence but we are still 'attached' even with the seemingly simple things.

I assure you that once some hear it's English, they will immediately conclude the brand is quality. Might they be deceived?:)

Several things I am sure including chocolates but I don't do much grocery shopping these days. The English Tea (with the accent) is the first thing that comes to mind when we think English. I am sure I speak for most of the locals. I will make it my business when next I am in the grocery store, to check out some more brandsj coming from the UK. I am in the retail clothing business and when it comes to the English clothing that's another big thing. "I picked it up in England" so immediately it's quality clothing. We might have gained Independence but we are still 'attached' even with the seemingly simple things.

I assure you that once some hear it's English, they will immediately conclude the brand is quality. Might they be deceived?:)
clothing is one I've heard of before,our French friends and family always stock up on clothes whilst in the uk and also our furniture is a lot cheaper than a lot of Europe ,we've just sent a container down for multiple clients to Spain of furniture,other food imports i see while abroad is Hp sauce,birds custard powder,ambrosia rice,bisto,branston pickle to name a few

I feel like a good 60 % of what we have in our Supermarkets comes from the US though. I am guessing but I am sure a lot more stuff comes from there. For one thing the duties and freight are going to be much cheaper than getting it from the UK. Things like furniture and the like are also going to be a no no. I would not be surprise if a lot of what we carry including UK teas might not actually be provided US suppliers.

We are always being encouraged to buy local but sometimes local or Caribbean goods can sometimes be even more expensive than those we import. Raw material prices push the prices in the air:(.

I'm sure products like tetley tea are made in the states or by tetley,I've just read it is the second biggest supplier in USA of tea owned by the Indian company tata,not the image of the quintessential tetley tea folk they like to portray

Spicy Himalayan tea. I get it in some Tea Houses...I've seen in Starbucks a version of it, which was decent, but only if you have no other choice. I found the recipe for making it at home, but it seems like too much hassle for just making a tea. Plus it won't be so special if I have to drink a lot of it. I stick to occasionally going to tea houses and getting it. Still amazing. Plus I have found that it keeps me awake in times more than green tea or coffee ever would.

I'm sure products like tetley tea are made in the states or by tetley,I've just read it is the second biggest supplier in USA of tea owned by the Indian company tata,not the image of the quintessential tetley tea folk they like to portray
I do hate when they water down the products and present them as authentic. It happens with nearly everything that is made these days. What a shame.I will be sure to check the label when I get home to see if it's "masked" Tetley we have been buying all the while.

I don't drink tea that often but I do enjoy black tea. Usually English breakfast tea but I also like to experiment with different ones.

Something I never understand - and this applies to any form of tea - is seeing someone waft a teabag in the direction of a cup for a couple of seconds and then claim that they have a cup of tea. No you don't - you have a cup of hot water. Infusion, please!

Something I never understand - and this applies to any form of tea - is seeing someone waft a teabag in the direction of a cup for a couple of seconds and then claim that they have a cup of tea. No you don't - you have a cup of hot water. Infusion, please!
we call a bag left in a mug a builders tea or a fisher mans tea,i prefer a china mug at the low end of the spectrum,but always try to use a pot
I was taken back a bit this week when buying a new car from a peugeot main dealer i was given a mug of tea,better than a paper cup from the ford garage but Toyota i had tea in a cup and biscuits

My favorites would be, without a doubt, Chrysanthemum, Earl Grey and Green tea!

I found out about Chrysanthemum tea from my grandmother and she buys tons of them in Chinese general stores and I've been loving them ever since. They're sold in cans and they look like pellets. They're already sweetened and it's really yummy. I drink it cold as well and it's just the best thing ever. Early Grey is the tea that calms me down and Green tea is my go to tea whenever.

Back
Top Bottom