What kind of dressing do you use on salads?

Oil and vinegar dressings for me, too...although, my aunt uses a brand of Cesar salad dressing that's worth going out of my salad dressing comfort zone for!

I don't really like heavier dressings except for once or twice a year, when I will splurge and have blue cheese on a wedge, and for the most part make my own dressings. Salad dressings in the store all seem to have so many calories and even worse really high in fat, sometimes I will buy a light italian or vinaigrette but usually I just make my own from a few ingredients. My new favorite is a really simple recipe my friend told me about, all you need is dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. You can use the dijon jar, fill it half and half with the two ingredients and then shake it up.

I always have some good quality oil available and some type of vinegar. Apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar are all good on salads. I do buy jars of low fat mayonnaise, but I like to dilute it with vinegar and add a little mustard before using it on cooked baby potatoes.

It depends on the salad I'm preparing. I love making tuna salad, so I like preparing that with some yogurt, lime, pepper and salt. If I'm having plain tomato and lettuce salad I'll just go with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. If I'm having spinach and chicken I love putting on some nuts, Gorgonzola and cranberry sauce!! It's delicious.

I prefer honey mustard and thousand island dressing the most, although I wouldn't consider it to be as flexible as most other dressings. It's just my favorite flavor and I'd love it even if it's just the dressing and some vegetable leaves.

O'Charleys honey mustard or olive gardens Italian dressing are my two most favorite dressings ever! I even dip chicken into my honey mustard along with other foods such as French fries. I'm so glad both are now on a retailers shelf instead of having to go to the restaraunt to buy it.

I make my own dressing. I don't buy it from the stores. I mix extra virgin olive oil with apple cider vinegar. I then add some black pepper. Thats it. Nothing fancy bit it taste really good and its healthy.

I use olive oil which gives it a sweet aroma as well as a dreamy taste which dressing do you use?

I usually just make a balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil and some dried Italian seasonings. Sometimes I'll buy a bottle of Ranch Dressing.

My go-to one at home is poppy seed :) But when I eat out I know they usually don't have it so I go with either honey mustard or thousand island. If they don't have THOSE, then I'll go with like ranch or something.

I do love my poppy seed dressing though...yum :)

I like to mix southwestern with normal ranch dressing. That way it tastes both creamy and spicy on my salad. Of course, whether or not it's spicy depends on the brands I'm mixing together.

Back
Top Bottom