What kind of music do you like?

We are definitely not the same age, but I could get deep into that... if I lived where weed was legal. :cool:

CD
My music listening is all over the map. generally a lot of reggae (I'm an island boy after all), a lot of jazz, a lot of fusion. It's only across the river for me, but I haven't partaken in anything in years. There are nights where an edible and a couple of Floyd albums, some YES and finish up with some Lotus or Umphrees McGee would be a great way to kill the evening though, not gonna lie.

My music listening is all over the map. generally a lot of reggae (I'm an island boy after all), a lot of jazz, a lot of fusion. It's only across the river for me, but I haven't partaken in anything in years. There are nights where an edible and a couple of Floyd albums, some YES and finish up with some Lotus or Umphrees McGee would be a great way to kill the evening though, not gonna lie.

We listened to a lot of Pink Floyd (pre The Wall) back in the college dorm. A lot of Yes, too. That and Zappa. Needless to say, being the late 70s, there was always a bong handy. Those were very different times -- our Student Union building had a bar in the basement. I did some freelance design work at my alma mater for several weeks about 15 years ago, and got to know some students. I showed them where the bar was, but I'm sure some of them still didn't believe me.

Oh, I actually did come away with a college degree. I also worked 30-plus hours a week in a camera store after classes -- and swam 20 laps a day in the indoor pool on campus. I look back now and wonder how I did all that.

CD

We listened to a lot of Pink Floyd (pre The Wall) back in the college dorm. A lot of Yes, too. That and Zappa. Needless to say, being the late 70s, there was always a bong handy. Those were very different times -- our Student Union building had a bar in the basement. I did some freelance design work at my alma mater for several weeks about 15 years ago, and got to know some students. I showed them where the bar was, but I'm sure some of them still didn't believe me.

Oh, I actually did come away with a college degree. I also worked 30-plus hours a week in a camera store after classes -- and swam 20 laps a day in the indoor pool on campus. I look back now and wonder how I did all that.

CD

I was talking to my son a year ago, about a friend who had passed away and what he did in his teens. If only he knew I led the same lifestyle for a couple of years. Those years are a distant memory. Btw no college degree here, wasn't even an option in my world. But I'm not complaining.
Life's been good to me. So far?

Russ

I've today come across this listing of the artists whose music I have bought or downloaded over the years and have either stored on CD or stick or hard drive. I prepared the list for another query some time ago (probably a couple of years ago).

Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, Traffic, Cream, Free, Uriah Heep, Janis Joplin, Brian Auger, Julie Driscoll, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, Robert Johnson, Howlin’ Wolf, B.B. King, Freddie King, The Who, Yes, Queen, The Kinks, Ten Years After, Colosseum, Jethro Tull, Joan Armatrading, Dire Straits, Elvis Presley, Donovan, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, Bo Diddley, The Band, Argent, Procul Harum, Vanilla Fudge, Cleo Laine, Rory Gallagher, Eartha Kitt, Bessie Smith, Koko Taylor, Clannad, Christy Moore, Muddy Waters, The Yardbirds, The Ronettes, Memphis Slim, Little Walter, Robert Plant, Vinegar Joe, Elkie Brooks, Georgie Fame, John Lennon, Planxty, The Strawbs, Family, If, Spirit, Egg, Pink Floyd, Soft Machine, Spooky Tooth, Police, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Sting, Bad Company, Albert King, Chuck Berry, Florence and the Machine, John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson I & II, Bachman Turner Overdrive, The Animals, Van Morrison, Alan Price, Them, Led Zeppelin, Joe Cocker, Mott the Hoople, Leonard Cohen, Fox, T. Rex, “Hound Dog” Taylor, David Bowie, Skip Bifferty, Blind Boy Fuller, The Rolling Stones, Lightnin’ Hopkins, Peter Green, Spencer Davis Group, The Eagles, The Beatles, Laura Nyro, Jelly Roll Morton, Joan Baez, Steve Miller Band, The Shirelles, Martha and the Vandellas, Ritchie Blackmore, Love, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ella Fitzgerald, The Corrs, Meat Loaf, Bryan Ferry, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Rick Wakeman, Leadbelly, It’s A Beautiful Day, Tomorrow, Marianne Faithful, Big Bill Broonzy, Cat Stevens, Albert Collins, Beverley McClellan, Etta James, Louis Armstrong, Thunderclap Newman, Captain Beefheart, Roberta Flack, The Supremes, Sade, Magic Sam, Miranda Sex Garden, The Electric Prunes, The Dubliners, Aretha Franklin, The Pretty Things, Quicksilver Messenger, Memphis Jug Band, Bonnie Rait, Velvet Underground, Mothers of Invention, Richie Havens, Jimi Hendrix, Kevin Coyne, Jake Thackray, Sky, Blind Faith, Joe Cocker, Heavy Jelly, The Faces, Memphis Minnie, Rod Stewart, Billie Holliday, Melanie, Hawkwind, Jeff Beck, King Crimson, Blood, Sweat and Tears, Willie Dixon, The Yardbirds, Canned Heat, Nice, Nirvana, Blind Willie Johnson, Taste, Nazareth, Sinead O’Connor, Focus, Big Joe Turner, Black Widow, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Elmore James, Long John Baldry, The Animals, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Santana, Blodwyn Pig, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Amen Corner, Trees, The Move, Moondog, Buffalo Springfield, Blind Willie McTell, The Chieftans, Fairport Convention, Fotheringay, Mike Oldfield, Nina Simone, Leon Redbone, Tina Turner, Dr. Strangely Strange, Kate Bush,

No particular order (although Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding" vinyl album was the first that I bought).

I love a genre they have started calling Horrorpunk. Bands such as
Misfits
Blitzkid
Argyle Goolsby
Murderland
Horror of '59
Creepshow
Wednesday 13
Murderdolls
Etc......

Back
Top Bottom