What kind of music do you like?

I´d drive the kids to school every day - 6.30am. Just to keep them awake, I´d turn up the volume full as we were entering the school front gate and wave at the teachers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8gJBIjAVKI

This video was shot in Kaneohe Bay, where I'm from, how poetic!
I love Henry, met him several times, super nice guy.
We make a point every time we go back home to go to Duke's On Sunday to watch him for only the cost of a drink!
SERIOUSLY! It's not just a song, but a happening every Sunday.
(please hit the links)

With a big bag of outstanding bass lines to choose from, this is my favorite one from McCartney.

Also an interesting track because they recorded the backing track half-again as fast (or thereabouts), then slowed it down to get that pulsating-but-dreamy sound.

A highly underrated song, that's for sure.

With a big bag of outstanding bass lines to choose from, this is my favorite one from McCartney.

Also an interesting track because they recorded the backing track half-again as fast (or thereabouts), then slowed it down to get that pulsating-but-dreamy sound.

The drum fills aren't too shabby either.

The drum fills aren't too shabby either.

Blimey that took me back! I loved that track. You guys are younger than me (I was 19 when that was released). Its brilliance, in addition to what you both say, is Lennon's subtly cynical voice. Its written by him I think, not McCartney?

Blimey that took me back! I loved that track. You guys are younger than me (I was 19 when that was released). Its brilliance, in addition to what you both say, is Lennon's subtly cynical voice. Its written by him I think, not McCartney?
It is a Lennon lyric, mainly. Here's the weird thing: I'm a huge Lennon nut, but McCartney's bass line, and Starr's snare work on that, and even Harrison's rhythm figure on the guitar are all so perfect, that for me at least, Lennon's lyric is the weak spot. How often do you get to say that?

His vocal is just wonderful, though, isn't it? "I'm So Tired" is another one where he just nails it vocally.

I just watched "Get Back" on Disney+, the 8+ hour Peter Jackson documentary of the making of "Let It Be," and what blows me away with that is the opportunity to see just how good Lennon could be vocally, with very little effort.

Much of it is just McCartney and Lennon playing off each other, like schoolboys, and can get a little tiresome, but every so often, Lennon would just let out a perfect vocal line, effortlessly and almost lazily. Goosebumps for me, that's for sure.

An update on Wet Leg.

They have come second in the BBC sounds of 22 list, the annual list that has chosen the likes of Adele, PJ Harvey, Stormzy and Coldplay as ones to watch. They have just finished a mini tour of America that has got them great reviews and their UK tour in the spring has sold out. It is so exciting in an age where "popular music" is so producer and corporate driven that two women from The Isle of Wight doing their own thing have broken through.

Sound of 2022: Wet Leg 'started a band for fun, now it's doing really well'

View: https://youtu.be/lBiWrp9kkWE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom