What kind of music do you like?

Never a fan of cranberries but watching a you tube I'm now a fan of delores. Terrible tragic life.
Linger now a fave.

Russ
I have funny made-up lyrics to Linger, LOL. I don't know if this phrase is used in other countries, but...

"Did you have to pull my finger, did you have to, did you have to..."

I sang in a band in my 20s and 30s. I was told I sound a lot like her on my originals.
Oh, I love PJ! I haven't listened to her in years. (This is where Apple Music rocks -- just told Siri to load a playlist for today.) 😁

I dunno why, but thinking of her just reminded me of Sinead O'Connor's 'Kingdom of Rain' just now...

It would have been Eunice Kathleen Waymon's 89th birthday this week (aka Nina Simone) so I'm indulging of a little jazz/blues this afternoon.

[Edit: video added)

Last edited:
I sang in a band in my 20s and 30s. I was told I sound a lot like her on my originals.
Hey, we have even more in common then!

I haven't sung in a band, but I had trained for opera vocals for 8 years. My goal was to sing in gothic metal, but then I got sick.
I'm told I sound a lot like this lady, whom I admire too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwED4C5FJuo

Just been listening to ELO to cheer me up, Mr Blue Sky may be a bit cheesy but it has bought a smile to my face :happy:
It is cheesy, but it’s a beautifully constructed/produced track. I think Jeff Lynne has said it’s the one he’s most proud of. There’s a lot going on with it.

Back
Top Bottom