What kind of music do you like?

Yep, I'm a big Neil fan.

I benefited greatly by being the youngest of six siblings who all liked music of different styles (and my parents, also), so I was exposed to a lot, but two artists (NY and The Beatles), every kid (except my sister), had a couple of albums, so across all them, I had access to the whole catalog, until I was old enough to buy my own.

I consider my first "tour" to be when I was 14 - I knew a half-dozen or so Neil tunes, and one of my older brothers, who's an inveterate "visitor," (meaning he drops in on you unannounced, eats your food, drinks your liquor, squeezes your sister's bottom, then leaves), used to drag me around on his visitations - we'd hit four or five friends in a day, he'd prop me up in the corner and say, "Play 'Old Man!'," or "Play 'Expecting To Fly!', or "Play 'Winterlong!'," and I'd get food and drink (but no bottom-squeezing :() for the day. :laugh:

The definitive playlist for my friend's podcast.
Choosing only 10 songs was tough.

The Smiths: Big Mouth Strikes Again, Charming Man, Heaven Knows How I'm Miserable Now
The Clash: Train in Vain, Police on my Back
The Cars: Hello Again
The Cure: Close to me, A Forest
AC/DC: It's a long way to the top (if you wanna rock 'n' roll)
Primal Scream: Rocks

Long John Baldry would have been 80 years old today. I've been listening to a collection of his stuff this afternoon.

And Maggie Bell is 76!

Wow. There are some proper metallers and rock fogies (I can say that because I'm one. :) ) on this forum.

I like a wide range of music but mainly hard rock and metal, going from Zep, Rainbow, Sabbath, through the 80s thrash scene and then 90s more extreme metal. I also like classic rock bands such as Queen, Floyd, Dire Straits and such. I listen a lot of guitar music of any kind as I play that as my main instrument.

TastyReuben I watched the vid of your song; excellent job with some tasty guitar work. :)

Here's one of my fave tracks:

Wow. There are some proper metallers and rock fogies (I can say that because I'm one. :) ) on this forum.

I like a wide range of music but mainly hard rock and metal, going from Zep, Rainbow, Sabbath, through the 80s thrash scene and then 90s more extreme metal. I also like classic rock bands such as Queen, Floyd, Dire Straits and such. I listen a lot of guitar music of any kind as I play that as my main instrument.

TastyReuben I watched the vid of your song; excellent job with some tasty guitar work. :)

Here's one of my fave tracks:

Here's one from Sri Lanka (although I am not much of a fan of metal music of any kind)

Back
Top Bottom