What kind of music do you like?

John Denver, Hot Chocolate, Tina Turner thanks to my dad, Abba and classical thanks to mum, heavy metal-my brother, I discovered Depeche Mode, punk, goth indie,motown, Kraftwerk. A few years ago Icelandic band Sigur Ros, Olafur Arnaulds, Nils Frahm very melodic ambiant music so pretty eclectic.

I've just spent two afternoons listening to Kate Bush's full repertoire (130 odd songs).

Previous afternoons were Van Morrison, Mott the Hoople, The Who, Bob Dylan, King Crimson, Traffic, Queen, Jake Thackray, Pink Floyd, The Troggs, Yes, B.B. King, Long John Baldry, etc., etc.

[Edit: and Planxty]

Last edited:
I like the music that I like, if you see what I mean. That covers a bewildering range of possibilities, but does tend to exclude prog rock, heavy metal and disco. This house is currently working on Irish-Ukrainian-folk-duck, a genre not yet widely recognised.

I've just spent two afternoons listening to Kate Bush's full repertoire (130 odd songs).

Previous afternoons were Van Morrison, Mott the Hoople, The Who, Bob Dylan, King Crimson, Traffic, Queen, Jake Thackray, Pink Floyd, The Troggs, Yes, B.B. King, Long John Baldry, etc., etc.

We saw King Crimson live a couple of months ago in Aylesbury, quite a challenging experience when there are seven people on stage all seeming to play different songs at the same time :o_o:

John Denver, Abba, Enya, Clannad, Kate Rusby, Armand Amar, Ayub Ogada, The Beach Boys, and little of the Beautiful South, Cara Dillon, Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, Hans Zimmer, Loreena McKennitt, Mike Oldfield, Mohicans, Orla, Runrig, Sarah McLachlan, a little Simon & Garfunkel, Terry Gonda, and some Hans Zimmer.

So as you can see a right mixture of whatever appeals to me and I like on the day.

John Denver, Abba, Enya, Clannad, Kate Rusby, Armand Amar, Ayub Ogada, The Beach Boys, and little of the Beautiful South, Cara Dillon, Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, Hans Zimmer, Loreena McKennitt, Mike Oldfield, Mohicans, Orla, Runrig, Sarah McLachlan, a little Simon & Garfunkel, Terry Gonda, and some Hans Zimmer.

So as you can see a right mixture of whatever appeals to me and I like on the day.
Beach Boys always make me feel happy.:D

Sounds like you are same era as me! My daughter likes Kate Bush and went to the recent concert in London. Can't stand her myself. Too ethereal and possibly rather pretentious. The rest I like. And you don't want to hear about the antics I got up to backstage with Mott the Hoople.

Last edited:
I went to school with Methuselah.

:D:D:D

And started work before you were born.

Back
Top Bottom