What kind of oils do you use?

I think infused oils keep well - the oil preserves.

Many don't. Considering olive oil: if you are infusing with very dry herbs you can do better than say, if you infuse with garlic. Which is moist, and if not properly refrigerated and used within a certain amount of not-that-long amount of time, can indeed go bad.

It does indeed depend on temperature of oil storage, this I know from my previous career as a massage therapist when I lived in Florida. I used oil blends such as almond oil, sesame seed oil, shea butter, etc. and occasionally the oils would turn rancid if they weren't kept at a moderately cool temperature or not used in a timely manner.

It does indeed depend on temperature of oil storage, this I know from my previous career as a massage therapist when I lived in Florida. I used oil blends such as almond oil, sesame seed oil, shea butter, etc. and occasionally the oils would turn rancid if they weren't kept at a moderately cool temperature or not used in a timely manner.

Were you massaging or marinading? I'm having some Silence of the Lambs flashbacks here. :eek:

CD

A good quality oil is good for the skin. Mineral oils and similar are not good for the skin, and shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, etc. are very nutritious both inside and out. A thinner oil distributes better, though. I made a variety of blends and used them according to the person's skin type. I tended to use the butters on rougher skin like feet and the oils on the back, arms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom