What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are at 11 per ABC evening news now and still no speaker. I busted out laughing. It's hilariously embarassing for the House Republicans and the party as a whole, but sad and horrific that our government is essentially at a standstill until they can get out of their own behinds, and i would have rather used the word that starts with an A...

Did anybody hear the vote for The Orange One? Apparently you don't have to be a congress person to be speaker. Am I the only one who believes it is ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS that 218 people can name a 2nd in succession for US President that hasn't been elected by at least some American citizens?

Last edited:
I think we are at 11 per ABC evening news now and still no speaker. I busted out laughing. It's hilariously embarassing for the House Republicans and the party as a whole, but sad and horrific that our government is essentially at a standstill until they can get out of their own behinds, and i would have rather used the word that starts with an A...

Did anybody hear the vote for The Orange One? Apparently you don't have to be a congress person to be speaker. Am I the only one who believes it is ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS that 218 people can name a 2nd in succession for US President that hasn't been elected by at least some American citizens?

One funny thing about this is that one of the group of twenty Republican Party House members blocking McCarthy's speakership is Florida's own Matt Gaetz who is being investigated for sex-trafficking of a minor. I guess he figures he hasn't made enough enemies, yet.

As Mark Twain said, "Truth is stranger than fiction." :laugh:

CD

Socks.jpg

Did anybody hear the vote for The Orange One? Apparently you don't have to be a congress person to be speaker.
11 down and counting. Now we´re into record-breaking attempts at stubborness.
And since anyone can be Speaker there´s a balding, ginger-haired whiner out there who might fit the bill. The Duke of Sussex.

And since anyone can be Speaker there´s a balding, ginger-haired whiner out there who might fit the bill. The Duke of Sussex.

I cringe every time something is said about him. Told Craig yesterday it seems like if his name hasn't been mentioned in the news for a couple days that he comes up with something new.

As to his claim of wanting his father and brother back, then shut the F up and quit dragging everyone through the mud. I certainly would have no desire to reconcile given his current course of actions.

One funny thing about this is that one of the group of twenty Republican Party House members blocking McCarthy's speakership is Florida's own Matt Gaetz who is being investigated for sex-trafficking of a minor. I guess he figures he hasn't made enough enemies, yet.

As Mark Twain said, "Truth is stranger than fiction." :laugh:

CD
.... and they're off again.

The thing about Gaetz and his crew is they claim they are doing this for democracy... forgetting that McCarthy was chosen by the Republican party Representatives in a secret ballot to be the nominee. A process that was entirely democratic and fair.

FB_IMG_1673028951731.jpg

.... and they're off again.

The thing about Gaetz and his crew is they claim they are doing this for democracy... forgetting that McCarthy was chosen by the Republican party Representatives in a secret ballot to be the nominee. A process that was entirely democratic and fair.

View attachment 94718

The media here is making all kinds of references to the movie Groundhog Day. :laugh:

CD

There are unconfirmed rumours that the Sussexes have struck a deal with Mattel to create the "Harry Doll". The doll comes with its own pram, toys and necklace. The four special features are:
Say the words "WILLIAM&KATE" , and the doll sobs uncontrollably, throws its toys out of the pram and rips its necklace.
Say the word "ROGER" and the doll will jump out of the pram and have wild sex with the nearest 40 yr old.
Say the word "SNIFF" and the doll with light up a spliff and snort cocaine.
Say the word "AFGHANISTAN" and the doll will beat all those in close proximity to death with its teddy bear.
Looking forward to acquiring mine!!

There are unconfirmed rumours that the Sussexes have struck a deal with Mattel to create the "Harry Doll". The doll comes with its own pram, toys and necklace. The four special features are:
Say the words "WILLIAM&KATE" , and the doll sobs uncontrollably, throws its toys out of the pram and rips its necklace.
Say the word "ROGER" and the doll will jump out of the pram and have wild sex with the nearest 40 yr old.
Say the word "SNIFF" and the doll with light up a spliff and snort cocaine.
Say the word "AFGHANISTAN" and the doll will beat all those in close proximity to death with its teddy bear.
Looking forward to acquiring mine!!
Don't forget the William doll that is emotionally repressed, will not respond to anything and is just waiting for its father to die.

Don't forget the William doll that is emotionally repressed, will not respond to anything and is just waiting for its father to die.
Actually, I think we could do some wonderful business with British Dolls... just think. A Boris Doll, a Truss Doll, (autodestructs after 2 days) a Sturgeon Doll, a Corbyn Doll, even a Keir Doll (put you to sleep in 5 minutes) .... the mind boggles :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom