What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the world loves a Coke

Not quite everyone!

vomit emoticon.png

That´s hilarious to me - for a weird reason.
Everyone in the world loves a Coke - but when I got to Venezuela, everyone drank Pepsi.
And remember the VHS players (some while ago...)? Yep, you´ve got it - all the Venezuelans had Betamax. :laugh: :laugh:

Betamax was a superior format. VHS gave their stuff away until they locked up the market. The pros shot on Betacam, and then it got ported over to VHS. It doesn't matter now, since everything is digital.

CD

I like to be organised too.
They actually don't know which day yet, but wanted the time!

Better still happened this morning. I was over where we used to live and dropped off 10 dozen eggs for the food hub there. I was back in my vehicle finding the lady's name to send her a text message to day the eggs were on her veranda but hidden to keep them out of the sun and heat when she pulled into her driveway. So i slipped out of my vehicle and after the Happy New Year, before I'd had chance to tell her about the eggs, she told me that she'd heard that we've booked tickets to fly back to the UK in October... she's flying to the UK in April.

But the thing is, I only told my mother around 8:30pm on Sunday (Aussie time) and by Tuesday 8:30am (Aussie time, so 36hrs later) my mother has told her and it's got back to me :o_o:

I like to be organised too.

When I worked for a living I did try to plan at least a couple of days in advance. However, outside influences can easily disrupt plans.

I was travelling to Heathrow from Bangkok one morning. I was in the hotel car just approaching the ramp at Don Muang Airport when my handphone rang. It was my colleague from our J.V. partners (Halliburton).

"Where are you?"

"Don Muang; I'm headed for UK"

"No, youre not. We have a meeting with a client in Kaoshiung tomorrow morning".

I told the driver to drive straight through Departures and back to Bangkok - Thai Airways office to change my flight.

I didn't realise that they tasted different (to each other).
They don’t taste anything alike to me.

Being a kid who’s dad worked for Pepsi for 41 years, I was raised on the stuff and drank it (and all the associated Pepsi products) morning, noon, and night, and I do prefer Pepsi over Coke, but I’m not a snob about it and will drink either one.

About the only time I drink pop, though, is at a fast food place if I’ve forgotten my water and I’ve already had too much tea, so I’ll opt for a pop, then drink about a third of it and toss the rest.

They don’t taste anything alike to me.

Being a kid who’s dad worked for Pepsi for 41 years, I was raised on the stuff and drank it (and all the associated Pepsi products) morning, noon, and night, and I do prefer Pepsi over Coke, but I’m not a snob about it and will drink either one.

About the only time I drink pop, though, is at a fast food place if I’ve forgotten my water and I’ve already had too much tea, so I’ll opt for a pop, then drink about a third of it and toss the rest.

They do taste different, but I don't have a preference. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper, which is very popular here in Texas.

CD

They do taste different, but I don't have a preference. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper, which is very popular here in Texas.

CD
The Pepsi bottling plant where my dad worked was also the contract bottler and distributor for Dr. Pepper in our area, so that fell under the Pepsi umbrella here. We also drank a lot of that, because Dad would bring home cases of dented cans of whatever was on the plant floor (Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Teem, and Mountain Dew).

My favorite way with Dr. Pepper (to this day) is to drink it hot with lemon, like a mulled wine. :laugh:

The Pepsi bottling plant where my dad worked was also the contract bottler and distributor for Dr. Pepper in our area, so that fell under the Pepsi umbrella here. We also drank a lot of that, because Dad would bring home cases of dented cans of whatever was on the plant floor (Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Teem, and Mountain Dew).

My favorite way with Dr. Pepper (to this day) is to drink it hot with lemon, like a mulled wine. :laugh:

I had a friend in the dorm in college that drank hot DP every morning instead of coffee. I've never tried it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom