I was in quite the rush
But I could not find my valet
To squeeze the toothpaste onto my toothbrush
I’ve got the King Charles blues
I’m so low I feel I’d be better off dead
But I waited 70 years for the throne
So I shan’t give it up just yet

My son made me smile today.

He has been fairly stressed with his uni exam stuff and he arrived home with it mostly completed a week ahead of schedule ready for a read through before submission.

He looks completely different this morning. Super chilled out, smiling like he usually is and saying how relieved he is to be home, how nice it is here and how relieved he feels its over.

😊

He has been fairly stressed with his uni exam stuff and he arrived home with it mostly completed a week ahead of schedule ready for a read through before submission.

College exams must be different there, because I don't know what is meant by that. Exams here are tests. You study, then go into a room and take a test. Exam week is a whole week of those tests, for every class you took that semester.

As an Art major, I also had portfolio reviews. The biggest one was at the end of your second year. It decided whether you could continue as an Art major at my University.

CD

College exams must be different there, because I don't know what is meant by that. Exams here are tests. You study, then go into a room and take a test. Exam week is a whole week of those tests, for every class you took that semester.

As an Art major, I also had portfolio reviews. The biggest one was at the end of your second year. It decided whether you could continue as an Art major at my University.

CD
They put them through the mill a lot more than they did in my day but uni's are businesses now.
They don't want to have any losers graduating and bringing their scores down, they are hand in hand with industry which watches continually ready to pluck off the chosen few before they even graduate. There's a lot of relentless pressure to perform well.

We had essay deadlines and the timed exams you speak of.
Now they do those things along with a continual assessment which would be similar to your portfolio work except its structured, continual and rather demanding.

My son had to write, perform and produce a whole album in 12 weeks and then write it up against a prescribed format.

And we get to pay through the nose for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom