What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1684124173409.jpg

There is a new AC Cobra on the market. :D:bravo::woot:

Like the original, the car is hand-built in the UK, and uses an American Ford V8 engine, in this case it is a supercharged 5.0L "Coyote" V8 with more than 600BHP.

On the down side, it will cost you about $350,000 USD, but an original from the 60s will cost you well over a million bucks, and won't be as fast.

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 1.02.03 PM.jpg

CD

There is a new AC Cobra on the market. :D:bravo::woot:

Like the original, the car is hand-built in the UK, and uses an American Ford V8 engine, in this case it is a supercharged 5.0L "Coyote" V8 with more than 600BHP.

On the down side, it will cost you about $350,000 USD, but an original from the 60s will cost you well over a million bucks, and won't be as fast.

View attachment 100131

CD

Wifes car is a 5 liter 351 v8. I frequently get challenged at lights.

Russ

Wifes car is a 5 liter 351 v8. I frequently get challenged at lights.

Russ

Ford? A Ford 351 V8 would be a 5.8L. Her car must be a classic, or close to it. Ford hasn't made that engine since 2002, at least in the US.

CD

Ford? A Ford 351 V8 would be a 5.8L. Her car must be a classic, or close to it. Ford hasn't made that engine since 2002, at least in the US.

CD
It's a 2002 au series 3 ford falcon. It will be worth a fortune in 15 years? Its 1 of about 300 made . My investigation has found so far. Our son has been asking to buy and "park" it up.
Wife just has as a work car. We both love v8s.
Venom red.

Russ

It's a 2002 au series 3 ford falcon. It will be worth a fortune in 15 years? Its 1 of about 300 made . My investigation has found so far. Our son has been asking to buy and "park" it up.
Wife just has as a work car. We both love v8s.
Venom red.

Russ

Yeah, the Series III Falcon was probably the last use of the 351 Windsor engine. Ford switched over to OHC V8s.

CD

Yeah, the Series III Falcon was probably the last use of the 351 Windsor engine. Ford switched over to OHC V8s.

CD
Ozzy's had the roadrunner 351 Cleveland? In their xy's Falcons. They were banned because too many young people got killed in them.
I recently had a "test run" against a late model v8 Mercedes. He buttoned off first. It launches!!

Russ

CD

Btw I bought the car when my wife had her car written off when hit from behind. Mazda 808. So I wanted to put her in a big car for protection.
I went into ford dealership.
My instructions were v8, grunty sounding and red. Team Hutchison ford knew timaru had one. 2 hrs away.
I said get it up here in chch.
Few days later I turned the key and the twin exhaust had the right notes.
Deal done.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom