What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear's pause.jpg

When the chicken has had a better life than you

View attachment 100398
I'd love to know how they have a chicken that is free from hormones and steroids! Unless it is plant based, it has to have hormones and steroids. I guess they should be saying they haven't been fed or infected with additional hormones and steroids!

I'd love to know how they have a chicken that is free from hormones and steroids! Unless it is plant based, it has to have hormones and steroids. I guess they should be saying they haven't been fed or infected with additional hormones and steroids!

Poultry can't have added steroid/hormones by law in the US. They can only have the hormones Mother Nature gave them.

CD

Poultry can't have added steroid/hormones by law in the US. They can only have the hormones Mother Nature gave them.

CD
They can also have steroids mother nature have them. That was my entire point.

The label says "free from hormones and steroids" which is impossible in any living "thing". It doesn't say "free from added hormones and steroids".

They can also have steroids mother nature have them. That was my entire point.

The label says "free from hormones and steroids" which is impossible in any living "thing". It doesn't say "free from added hormones and steroids".

In the US, packaging says "no added hormones." Steroids are used to increase selected growth hormones, so in the US, packaging doesn't mention steroids. But, in poultry, it really doesn't need to be on the label at all, since it is against the law to add hormones (and hormone producing steroids). Poultry processors just put it on the packaging for marketing purposes.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom