What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this happened in Perth (so SatNav is clearly innocent) on Coronation Day. :laugh:

1685246219611.png

CD

Apparently this happened in Perth (so SatNav is clearly innocent) on Coronation Day. :laugh:

View attachment 100562

CD

Back in '77 until '84 we lived in a semi detached house in Horsforth, just outside Leeds. The neighbours were two elderly spinster sisters who probably had never eaten Indian food before. Not that they mentioned it to me but they did point out to my wife that the aroma (smell, they called it) of my Indian food was "seeping" through the walls.

View attachment 100562

CD

We had that happen with Cuban neighbors. They seemed to be okay with Cuban or regular American cooking smells, but whenever we'd branch out to other cuisines, especially the "smelly" ones like Indian or Persian, even Chinese sometimes, they'd make passive-aggressive comments.

Back in '77 until '84 we lived in a semi detached house in Horsforth, just outside Leeds. The neighbours were two elderly spinster sisters who probably had never eaten Indian food before. Not that they mentioned it to me but they did point out to my wife that the aroma (smell, they called it) of my Indian food was "seeping" through the walls.
We actually went around 1 rental property on the UK where the landlord tried to exclude cooking indian food in the house because he'd had to redecorate after the previous tenants due to the lingering odour! Given indian is one of our favourite, we passed on the place.

Our neighbour is Indian. We stink each other out. :)

Russ

We actually went around 1 rental property on the UK where the landlord tried to exclude cooking indian food in the house because he'd had to redecorate after the previous tenants due to the lingering odour! Given indian is one of our favourite, we passed on the place.

A guy I know is a painter. He had an Indian ask him to paint a kitchen. The guy requested purple for colour. He refused . They set on a mutual colour.

Russ

Our neighbour is Indian. We stink each other out. :)

Russ

I did some photography work at a place that manufactured electronics for police cars once. All the assembly workers were Asian immigrants. The lunch room there was overpowered by the smell of fish. I stayed as far away as possible -- and I like seafood.

CD

Y
I did some photography work at a place that manufactured electronics for police cars once. All the assembly workers were Asian immigrants. The lunch room there was overpowered by the smell of fish. I stayed as far away as possible -- and I like seafood.

CD
yeah fish smells turn me off, I actually start to dry retch, last time in a Singapore food market I made a quick departure. It was really bad.
I have a weak stomach.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom