What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more jumping for joy!

Screenshot_20230602_125809_Gmail.jpg

We currently pay $135 pm for a 150Gb peak hours (18hrs a day) and 150Gb off peak (really useful hours of 1am to 7am) service!

So for the same speed with the chance of upto 100Mbps download speed in quiet periods, we can save $40 a month for the first 3 months and then $35 a month after that!

Satellite bb has always been heavily metered and because we can't receive a TV signal, all of our TV is via satellite broadband, so we've always been watching our data very carefully especially in the run up to our sign up/ billing date in the month.

This is more jumping for joy!

View attachment 100741

We currently pay $135 pm for a 150Gb peak hours (18hrs a day) and 150Gb off peak (really useful hours of 1am to 7am) service!

So for the same speed with the chance of upto 100Mbps download speed in quiet periods, we can save $40 a month for the first 3 months and then $35 a month after that!

Satellite bb has always been heavily metered and because we can't receive a TV signal, all of our TV is via satellite broadband, so we've always been watching our data very carefully especially in the run up to our sign up/ billing date in the month.

Is that internet, or mobile phone, or both?

CD

We pay ฿ึ749.00 p.m. (US$ 21.65 currently) for unlimited time, 100 Mbps. We could pay more but 100 Mbps is adequate for our use.

I pay ฿20.00 p.m. (US$ 0.60) for handphone charges; my wife pays around ฿150.00 p.m. (US$ 4.35) but she's never off the phone. More often than not she uses Skype or Line or something similar.

Is that internet, or mobile phone, or both?

CD
Internet only via satellite. It's around the USD$65 pm mark which is cheap for satellite broadband over here. And it's the first time it has been unlimited data. Usually we've been restricted to 75Gb per month until we upgraded at considerable cost to 150Gb per month (that includes all TV watching because we've no TV signal).

We have no hard phone line, no water, no sewage, no gas, no television signal. We're right on the edge of mobile phone signal. Some areas of the house & land get a single bar, the rest doesn't get anything. So satellite bb is essential but VOIP doesn't really work over it because the response rate is in 4 figures and people won't wait long enough to see if the other person has actually finished talking.

So do I, every time I hear that a restaurant gets Micheline star, I suddendly image this big marshmellow-man saying “yummy”..
Here, everyday people associate (or at least used to associate) Michelin with car tires and a chain of car repair shops.

When I was a kid, I’d hear, “Such-and-such restaurant has two Michelin stars,” and I’d think, “What in the world do car mechanics know about fancy restaurants?” :laugh:

I wish I felt as passionately about anything as Nick Stellino feels about artichokes:

View: https://youtu.be/bMvGW6tsBzY

Anytime anyone starts a conversation with “So-and-so is like a beautiful woman,” you know you’re in for a wild ride! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom