What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I don't think there is a good way of feeling queasy...

Thanks for your endorsement. We have standards in Maidstone.
We’re poor over here in The Colonies - we can afford only one plate, so we’ve gotten used to piling all the day’s food on at once. :laugh:

We’re poor over here in The Colonies - we can afford only one plate, so we’ve gotten used to piling all the day’s food on at once.
Thinking back a few years, (well - quite a few years), I´d probably have snaffled that down when I was at Uni.
We used to come back from the College Bar, starving hungry, and make "poundies". Boil some potatoes. Smash them up with butter. Fry some bacon bits. Add two whole eggs, a diced raw onion, stir all together, eat.

Just for the record, in all seriousness, I would not eat that. :headshake:

I have my own order memorized for when I go to Waffle House -- for breakfast. That is not it. It has been a LONG time since I went to a Waffle House at 2AM when the bars close.

CD

Tom Brady, American Football Quarterback gave up his marriage to a supermodel, with a net worth of $300-million, and their child together, to come out of retirement and play football. His team got into the playoffs with a record of 8-9, because the other teams in his division are even worse. Last night, he got his a$$ handed to him on national TV. 31-14. :woot:

Background -- at age 45 he said, "I want to come out of retirement." (for a second time) She said, "No, you have a family you need to be with." He said, "I'm Tom Brady, I can do whatever I want." She said, "I have more money that you do, and I want a divorce."

CD

R2D2.jpg

I have my own order memorized for when I go to Waffle House -- for breakfast. That is not it. It has been a LONG time since I went to a Waffle House at 2AM when the bars close.

CD
I get one of two things at WH - waffle with a side of bacon, or two eggs (scrambled), hash browns (scattered, smothered, diced, and covered), bacon, and toast.

We didn’t have Waffle House when/where I was living during my “bars-closed” phase, but we had IHOP, back when IHOP was good, in the big brown-and-yellow A-frame buildings, back before it became a kids’ candy shop masquerading as a restaurant, and my post-drinking order there was almost always a chili bean-and-cheese omelette, changed up with the occasion Spanish omelette, which was actually more like a pizza omelette.

We do have a Norway cruise already booked for 2024 (covid do-over), and we’re expecting to do one this year, we just don’t know what yet.
Well, now we know what. She just booked us a cruise that starts in Barcelona and ends in Rome, with stops along the way in Toulon/Provence, Genoa, Florence, Kotor, Corfu, Sicily, and Naples.

This will allow us to knock three previously-unvisited countries off our list (Spain, Greece, and Montenegro) and get some really good food along the way.

Well, now we know what. She just booked us a cruise that starts in Barcelona and ends in Rome, with stops along the way in Toulon/Provence, Genoa, Florence, Kotor, Corfu, Sicily, and Naples.

This will allow us to knock three previously-unvisited countries off our list (Spain, Greece, and Montenegro) and get some really good food along the way.

My one and only cruise was similar, but longer. It started and ended in Barcelona, and went to several ports in Italy, plus Monte Carlo and Dubrovnik. It was almost two weeks.

CD

My one and only cruise was similar, but longer. It started and ended in Barcelona, and went to several ports in Italy, plus Monte Carlo and Dubrovnik. It was almost two weeks.

CD
This one is 11 days, but we’ll add a day in Barcelona and probably add three days in Rome.

CD

The nearest thing that I've been to a cruise is Tangiers - A Coruña - Plymouth, 11 days in a 42 ft ketch built in 1913. That was in '71.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom