What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Nigel Tufnel is 75 this week.

FB_IMG_1676156505545.jpg

Dallas has light rail trains, and lots of busses. Nothing here in Frisco. If I can't drive, I have to get an Uber, so if I end up somewhere I didn't want to go, either I or the Uber driver are really drunk.

CD
.my mate butcher is ubering now, and loving it. Hes sober 18 .months.
He earnt 1500 in cup week.

Russ

18 months ago I stumbled across the song Chaise Longue by Wet Leg on Youtube. It was the best new thing I heard in years, and I quickly posted it here. I commented on their socials, and they replied because they were unknown, and every positive response mattered to them. This week they won two Grammys and two Brit awards. It give me hope that real talent and originality can still break through the tightly controlled gravy train that masquerades as pop music these days.

This makes me smile.

PS enjoy Beyonce at the Superbowl and remember she is only there because she bends to the whim of the old white men who run the music industry, and there is a massive corporate team feeding you the lines that she is sonehow authentic and relevent.

I'm an old white man, and couldn't name a Beyonce song if I had a gun to my head, but I just watched Chaise Longue on YouTube, and I can't say I'll be watching it again.

There is a lot of music out there that I don't like, but as long as somebody likes it, it's better than any music I've ever composed.

CD

We needn’t have worried, as he drove up to the corner, turned…and there was the hotel, less than a 10 minute walk from where we called him! :laugh:

A colleague of mine had eaten at TGIFs in Kuala Lumpur and when he came out, the heavens had opened. And when it rains in KL it really rains! TGIFs is diagonally across a major intersection from his hotel so he hailed a taxi. From where he was the taxi had to go in the opposite direction until it could 'u' turn and the traffic was horrendous. It took maybe 20 minutes to reach the hotel and the driver was not at all happy.

When we first moved to Houghton-and-Wyton, I was out riding my bike (something I do once every 22 years), and I was on a bike trail that kept going and going and going, and every time I'd get ready to turn around, there'd be another hill or curve, and I'd tell myself, "As soon as I get to that, I'm turning around," but then there'd be another one.

I finally ended up in some town miles away, too sore and tired to cycle any longer, no ID, no money, nothing but my wit and good looks between me and certain death, so I dragged myself into a pub, told my tale, got spotted a beer, called my wife, and he gave her directions to the pub, and she had to come pick me.

Boy, was she in a good mood...

A colleague of mine had eaten at TGIFs in Kuala Lumpur and when he came out, the heavens had opened. And when it rains in KL it really rains! TGIFs is diagonally across a major intersection from his hotel so he hailed a taxi. From where he was the taxi had to go in the opposite direction until it could 'u' turn and the traffic was horrendous. It took maybe 20 minutes to reach the hotel and the driver was not at all happy.

So, he had bad food, bad weather and a bad taxi experience, all in one day.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom