What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Die hard and beer. It's all I can do. There is nothing in three middle that's vegan (don't think after 8 mints are, the rest certainly are not and with dairy being such a server reaction to me, I can't... shop sometime else will have to have it...

But the colour of the beer is, well it's questionable at best. Gnats p*** springs to mind. I prefer something darker. Eggnog could happen if I'm allowed to make my dairy free version from tinned condensed sweetened coconut milk (available in most supermarkets here luckily! ) and my own homegrown eggs (some of these chooks have not been further than 200m from my house in any direction. The rest haven't since we moved here 2½ years ago or they were brought here after being purchased, with 1 exception who will walk with me to the postbox if she gets the chance...)

After eights used to be dairy free. At one time were one of the few easily available dairy-free chocolates. They changed the recipe several years ago, but now there is a larger selection of dairy free chocolate. And much nicer ones available.

My mum makes excellent vegan mince pies. It's a shame I can't post you some.

After eights used to be dairy free. At one time were one of the few easily available dairy-free chocolates. They changed the recipe several years ago, but now there is a larger selection of dairy free chocolate. And much nicer ones available.

My mum makes excellent vegan mince pies. It's a shame I can't post you some.
Sadly the rest of the selection above isn't dairy free though! So there's none to choose.
I'm enjoying some very good dairy free vegan chocolates at the moment. A Belgian chocolatier who now lives in Tasmania... otherwise there are some good ones available in the supermarkets but nothing that comes close to boojabooja. At one time we could obtain Booja Booja here in Australia but it is almost impossible now sadly. That's one of the few things, if any, that I do miss.

SatNavSaysStraightOn It's a shame you cant get BoojaBooja. My mum bought me some for Christmas years ago. It must have been the early 90s (before I was married). You could only get them in Holland and Barrat (Health food shop) as they were not considered mainstream.

Now they are available in supermarkets and they get in extra at Christmas. I have a box waiting to be eaten.

So to answer the question, I would have:
Muppets Christmas Carol. Mince pies (vegan). Hot chocolate (dairy free milk).

My wife is vegetarian in theory.
She’ll order a atmosphere sandwich, a side of invisible with a big empty glass of nothing.

I’ll order a delicious Philly Cheesesteak on a fresh baked roll with hand cut, seasoned fried potatoes and a pint glass of watermelon juice.

With a warm smile Wife will switch my order with hers.

I am one of those people who repurposes empty ice cream boxes as food containers. So today my boyfriend was having lunch at my house and I got the container with our food and placed it on the table. He was very excited thinking I had bought us ice cream, and very disappointed to find fish fillets inside the box :laugh:
1607031577003.png

I am one of those people who repurposes empty ice cream boxes as food containers. So today my boyfriend was having lunch at my house and I got the container with our food and placed it on the table. He was very excited thinking I had bought us ice cream, and very disappointed to find fish fillets inside the box :laugh:
View attachment 51877
It’s my mission for my kids to taste food with real flavor.
Euro ice cream, custard, spumoni and gelato spoiled them like it has me. It’s fantastic.

Can’t get good ice cream out here anymore.

Last edited:
Cincy is known for Graeter's, who use the French pot method for making very dense, rich small-batch ice creams. From wiki:

"The ice cream has attracted praise from national food writers and tastemakers, as well. Oprah Winfrey praised the ice cream in a 2002 edition of O and also talked about it on her The Oprah Winfrey Show, and the next day the business shipped 400 boxes of ice cream all over the country, 10 times the average.[35][31]In 2005, food writer David Rosengarten of Gourmet magazine named Graeter's the best ice cream in his newsletter, after getting numerous letters of support for the business.[55][25] In 2006, Forbes writer Christopher Buckley also declared black raspberry chip the best ice cream. Vanity Fairrecommended it as a holiday gift in 2005, calling it "one of the best homemade-ice-cream companies in the country. Saveur praised Graeter's twice amid a roundup of ice cream shops around the country, while Chicago magazine termed it an essential experience when visiting Cincinnati."

Graeter's Ice Cream - Handcrafted Ice Cream Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom