What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
c19 (11).png

A Former German POW lives in our neighborhood and still on occasional evenings walks by our house. It's been sometime since I've seen him. 99 years old. Immigrated to the US and became an exec with Benz.

Captured in Africa, sent to the US and worked a citrus farm not too far from where he lives today. "We were well treated, even paid for our work" he once told me.

I got to wondering what became of him and I'll be damned that same week he and his son walked by. I was glad to see him. Made me smile.

He asked about our cat that tapped out at the end of his life cycle some time ago. Meiko the cat, renown by all, took care of the rodent and dive bombing birds for a half block in either direction of our home. Always returned home happy and well fed.

My dad just turned 99 and still cooks and makes the most beautiful salads. The last of the living WW2.
Dad has a beautiful upstairs outdoor deck on the American River and still hosts a weekly WW2 veteran lunch.
Much younger veterans nicknamed The Better Angels assist all the old Veterans with food deliveries, check on them twice a day and so on.
Brilliant story, my granddad was a pow. Found out after he died I was the only one he told about it.

Russ

We have a huge Coyote population in our area. Not a problem unless you have small pets that go beyond the family dogs protection.
So our cat is strictly indoor.

I’d be mopping the kitchen floor and there, sitting outside the glass on the patio is the cat watching the birds.
How’d she get out,,,,,,, yet again?

I was washing the window behind the bushes and discovered this:
426D3458-6EAF-4EB1-9656-D3E01488A822.jpeg

Last edited:
We have a huge Coyote population in our area. Not a problem unless you have small pets that go beyond the family dogs protection.
So our cat is strictly indoor.

I’d be mopping the kitchen floor and there, sitting outside the glass on the patio is the cat watching the birds.
How’d she get out,,,,,,, yet again?

I was washing the window behind the bushes and discovered this:
View attachment 53320

What was it made the hole?

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom