What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a huge Coyote population in our area. Not a problem unless you have small pets that go beyond the family dogs protection.
So our cat is strictly indoor.

I’d be mopping the kitchen floor and there, sitting outside the glass on the patio is the cat watching the birds.
How’d she get out,,,,,,, yet again?

I was washing the window behind the bushes and discovered this:

We have coyotes here, too. Not as bad as 20 years ago, when my city was smaller, and there was a lot more undeveloped land. I would see coyotes about once a week on average back them.

Now, we have a problem with bobcats moving into the city. The experts don't know for sure why. They have killed a few really small dogs. My dog is big enough that a bobcat wouldn't mess with him. They don't mess with anything big enough to fight back.

CD

I choose my disagreements with the wife. She never gets worked up, never has bad day nor a bad meal.
What almost got our difference of opinion pushed over the edge was me dealing with the rabbit problem here.
The Coyotes solved that.

Last edited:
The Cat.
Maybe you don't have screens or indoor cats?
They always try and weasel their way out of the house, danger be damned.

Ours go out on the screened porch and are wanting back in after about 5 minutes, less if there is a loud noise outside. On the rare occasions that a door is left open and they get brave enough to go out (they usually just stand in the doorway and look out), they'll take about 10 steps outside and freeze until there is a loud noise or 1 of us tells them to get back in the house, then they'll turn around and run in.

The women of the house have been gardening while it was warmer. They made splendid progress.

I just watched a squirrel look over and then run off with their gardening gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom