What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggested Party Snack Foods ...

Horse Doovers, Cow Pies, Buffalo Chips and Sheep Dip.

You are only the second person I've come across that used the term horse doovers, though the first always said horses doovers. It was a running joke with him and he'd use that pronunciation when ordering in a fine dining restaurant back in the early to mid 1980s just to watch the wait staff cringe. He was a great man. Thanks for the reminder.

Mr8 having dinner with us, I asked him if he's seeing his friend from school during the holidays. He said no, his mum "accidentally" deleted his mums number. My daughter says mr8s friends mum is a bitc@. School politics,lol.

Russ

Suggested Party Snack Foods ...

Horse Doovers, Cow Pies, Buffalo Chips and Sheep Dip.
You are only the second person I've come across that used the term horse doovers, though the first always said horses doovers. It was a running joke with him and he'd use that pronunciation when ordering in a fine dining restaurant back in the early to mid 1980s just to watch the wait staff cringe. He was a great man. Thanks for the reminder.

For refreshments, include Yellow Snow Scoopés.

Wife rolls in from work about 8:15 each morning and has a punch list of errands for me to run. I love driving her car.
She leaves a fresh mask for me each morning:

Wife rolls in from work about 8:15 each morning and has a punch list of errands for me to run. I love driving her car.
She leaves a fresh mask for me each morning:
View attachment 54081
My grandad on my mom's side, their son (my uncle) was born after my grandmom got German measles, so he was severely disabled. After he was born, she never left the house, because she wouldn't leave him alone.

Once he retired, that was his job. Every day, my grandmom would make a list for him, of errands to run, and he had his own errands to run as well. I'm not going to lie, he loved that life.

He'd get up of a morning, have a big breakfast, have his list of the half-dozen places he'd need to go, and off he went. He'd stop by and visit this person and that relative, have coffee here and a piece of pie there, have a chat with the fellas at the feed supply, and the fellas at the barber shop, then get home just in time for supper. Like I said, it was his job. :)

I do the laundry, home cleaning & repairs and cook because I’m retired.

Swiss born wifie is much younger and will lose a lucrative pension if she quits early.
Use it or lose it policy.

European girls go for a guy with character that's taller than them.

American girls want a guy 20 years younger, fresh out of prison and unemployed.
If he cheats on her that’s a bonus.

Last edited:
Every neighborhood has a quiet couple. They keep a low profile, barely make contact with neighbors, kind'a semi-mysterious at times.
Once in a long while the couple across from us that fits that description will strike up a conversation with me. It's usually about one of our animals.

Neighbors call them Jack Black and Phoebe Cates. That's who they resemble.

They had seemed so gloomy for the past year in the brief glimpses I caught of them.

Then they were happy and said hello while walking back from the community mail boxes. In a brief chat I found out not only they've been struggling to find employment, they were about to lose their really nice home. The bank contacted them just that day, blindsided them and cut their monthly mortgage payment by 2/3 and reset their past behind debt to zero. He had finally found decent paying employment too.

I'm still smiling.

BTW:
I was sitting at the Carthay Circle bar before the Covid talking to Jennifer the bartender. Who should walk in and sit next to me? The real Jack Black.

Even though I disagree that his beliefs the right people hadn't tried communism yet and the US would be a fitting place for it, he was a doppelganger dead ringer for my neighbor and he had me smiling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom