What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well me neither! I think the ones in public places are a hotbed for bacteria.
My husband's cousin has one. I like going over in the early fall. It would feel good getting in right now but I'd turn to an icicle getting out!

1642610699134.png

MrsDangermouse has one, I believe.
Yes we've had a hot tub for a few years now and use it almost every day. Its wonderfully relaxing and actually quite a few people believe that they're good for the immune system too. I don't know how true that is because I've not seen any proper scientific research on it (most of the articles are from hot tub manufacturers or sellers - so hardly unbiased!), but we've definitely had significantly fewer winter colds since we've had it....most years neither of us get one at all. Could just be a coincidence, but its no hardship so who cares :D

Lounging in the hot tub with a glass (or few) of chilled bubbly is one of our weekend treats 🥂🍾

My husband's cousin has one. I like going over in the early fall. It would feel good getting in right now but I'd turn to an icicle getting out!
Ahhh the winter time is the best time to use it...the trick is to get your shoulders under for a good while to raise your body temperature right up before you get out. That way you don't feel the cold as you dash back into the house :okay:

Yes we've had a hot tub for a few years now and use it almost every day. Its wonderfully relaxing and actually quite a few people believe that they're good for the immune system too. I don't know how true that is because I've not seen any proper scientific research on it (most of the articles are from hot tub manufacturers or sellers - so hardly unbiased!), but we've definitely had significantly fewer winter colds since we've had it....most years neither of us get one at all. Could just be a coincidence, but its no hardship so who cares :D

Lounging in the hot tub with a glass (or few) of chilled bubbly is one of our weekend treats 🥂🍾

Ahhh the winter time is the best time to use it...the trick is to get your shoulders under for a good while to raise your body temperature right up before you get out. That way you don't feel the cold as you dash back into the house :okay:

I agree. In my skiing days, my friends and I would rent a condo in Colorado with a hot tub on the deck. We would get back after a day of skiing, and sit in the hot tub, with snow falling, and drink and soak. Getting out of the tub to go inside as needed was not a big deal. Your body heat gets to a point where you don't feel cold, even though it is snowing.

Later, the ex-wife and I would sit in the hot tub under the 2nd floor deck of our lake house at night. Deer loved to sleep in the soft grass of the yard, and we could look out and see them. The lake house was on National Forrest land, so they were not too terribly afraid of people, since no hunting was allowed. They would look a us, and we would look at them.

CD

I think you have milder winters than we do...going down to -4F/-20C tomorrow night here. Yes, if it was in our backyard instead of across town it might work still, but my hair is nearly to my waist. That's a lot of wet hair to deal with in subfreezing temperatures. Even if I pile it atop my head, I'm short, so some of it will get wet near my neck. Then there is clearing a path through the 12 inches/36cm of snow we got 2 days ago...no dashing on snow and ice!

They are wonderful for circulation and I would not be a bit surprised if they do help the immune system. Lucky you!

This one I don't get, unless it's just that BoJo thinks the queen looks like a truck driver. Is it that simple or something deeper?

The Queen did drive a truck in the Second World War. At the present time there's a chronic shortage of truck drivers in the UK (apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom