What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Find us battered cod fillets. How did his catch make it back to port? "Help, come find us!"

View attachment 80251
So much to unpack here. Made in Great Britain... fish isn't made. Wild caught?... Cod aren't farmed. Original English style... what's that? What the hell is that bit of green photoshopped onto the fish, it's no herb we would apply. Then there is the scale, the fillet is bearly the length of a lemon wedge.. proper fish reaches across the whole plate. What is the crinkly paper beneath the portion?... no idea. Finally, and worst... who is Captain Findus? It's Captain Birdseye.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

So much to unpack here. Made in Great Britain... fish isn't made. Wild caught?... Cod aren't farmed. Original English style... what's that? What the hell is that bit of green photoshopped onto the fish, it's no herb we would apply. Then there is the scale, the fillet is bearly the length of a lemon wedge.. proper fish reaches across the whole plate. What is the crinkly paper beneath the portion?... no idea. Finally, and worst... who is Captain Findus? It's Captain Birdseye.

Oh, and I just saw it in the grocery sale ad and found it hilarious! I of course would never buy it. But yeah, shams like that go on all the time in various countries. Don't they have some sort of "American style" hamburger sauce they sell in GB that we don't have over here?

Birdseye is a thing over there, too. I believe they invented the flash-freezing process that made frozen food what it is today.

CD

That is a sculpture of Mount Rushmore, with Trump's face added.

The real Mount Rushmore (in South Dakota). The four presidents are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln. Trump has floated the idea of having his face added.

View attachment 80236

CD
I see it now after your explanation. I thought it was a large piece of preserved poop at first look.

Did you want to mention rant about those thin fried potato imitations? Just askin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom